Knowledge Base
Community

I believe that my new phone has been stolen in transit.

Started by: stewartgavin
On: 23/12/2014 | 18:32
Replies: 21

by: stewartgavin
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:32 edited: 23/12/2014 | 18:35

Greetings folks!

I recently decided to make the jump over to GiffGaff, largely due to the stellar recommendations from many of my friends who are also using the network. I ordered one of the new Nexus 6 32 GB Models and was excited and looking forward to upgrading from my Galaxy S3.

Then everything went wrong.

The estimated delivery date for my phone was Tuesday 16th December. Tuesday rolled around and yet no delivery occurred. A little disappointed I decided to check the UKMail tracking app to find out the status of my delivery. The tracking app informed me that my phone was delivered at 14:09 on Tuesday 16th, but this was simply not true!

I proceeded to contact UKMail several times only to be repeatedly shut down and informed that my phone had been delivered and it was recorded as so on their system. I then made several attempts to contact UKMail on their customer service helpline only to be placed on hold for upwards of 30 minutes each time. (I understand that this is to be expected during the busy Christmas period.)

My next step was then to contact GiffGaff directly in order to get the issue resolved. Katriona of the GiffGaff team was kind enough to contact UKMail on my behalf, and she recieved a response that stated that my phone was delivered on Tuesday 16th December and was signed for by "G. Stewart".

Now you see the funny thing is that my name is not G. Stewart, it's S. Gavin, so clearly someone has fraudulently signed for my phone (most likely the delivery driver), and in the process they somehow got my forename and surname confused. 

I've now responded both to Katriona and also sent a new Enquiry to UKMail in an attempt to get this resolved, but to be honest I'm not hopeful.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with UKMail? And also does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed from here?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
by: isabel1066
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:36
welcome @stewartgavin sorry for this but we can not comment as this is between you giffgaff and ukmail good luck.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 22
Highlighted
by: johnstilwell
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:38

How did you pay for the phone, if you used a credit card then the card company should refund you, if you bought it with a Ratesetter loan then I'd suggest you contact them as well.

Hopefully someone will get you sorted out soon.

Message 3 of 22
by: kirstwaddell
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:39
Get the imei of the dispatched phone and have it blocked. At least it will be US in the UK
Message 4 of 22
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:48
@johnstilwell I paid for the phone using Visa Debit. However I was under the impression that my contract is with the seller (GiffGaff) and it would be the responsibility of the seller to reimburse me for a failure to deliver the goods paid for.
Message 5 of 22
by: eyra
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:51
Hello
As far as I remember (from the quizzes) , if you didn't get the delivery then it's the responsibility of Giffgaff
If I helped you today, don't forget to KUDOS me! To get your free sim with £5 free credit click here http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/eyra
Message 6 of 22
on: 23/12/2014 | 18:54

@stewartgavin  You are quite correct that GiffGaff are responsible, I was just pointing out that with a credit card they are jointly responsible, I don't think the same protection exists with Visa Debit though.

UKmail are responsible to GiffGaff so it's a bit of a convoluted chain, BUT unless UKmail can prove that YOU signed for the phone they don't have a leg to stand on, and as you pointed out the name signed isn't yours.

Hope you get some good news soon, but I fear that it will be next week before anything much happens, BUT I hope I'm wrong there.

Message 7 of 22
on: 23/12/2014 | 19:12
@johnstilwell Yeah, it's all a bit of a mess really. At least Giff Gaff are actually trying to help.

It's a shame that they use a courier a dreadful as UKMail. I've watched a few videos of the sorting in their depots. It's apalling.
Message 8 of 22
on: 23/12/2014 | 19:33

Football with the parcels market "Fragile"?

Message 9 of 22