Knowledge Base
Community

I believe that my new phone has been stolen in transit.

Started by: stewartgavin
On: 23/12/2014 | 18:32
Replies: 21

by: nigelbrooks
on: 23/12/2014 | 20:19

@stewartgavin wrote:
@johnstilwell I paid for the phone using Visa Debit. However I was under the impression that my contract is with the seller (GiffGaff) and it would be the responsibility of the seller to reimburse me for a failure to deliver the goods paid for.

@stewartgavin 

Absolutely correct.

If you have yet to get a satisfactory response then e-mail to complaints@giffgaff.com with a 'hard copy' to:

Complaints
giffgaff Ltd
11 Vine Street
Uxbridge
Middlesex
UB8 1QE

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 11 of 22
by: pwei94
on: 23/12/2014 | 21:59
I would already pay for big ticket mail order items on credit card, more protection. But you should be good to get a replacement sent as you have not been sent the goods the contract is not fulfilled
Message 12 of 22
by: thegazbo
on: 23/12/2014 | 22:07
The tracker that you would sign saves the gps position on the yodel ones, so I would ask that they look at the data and that they investigate.
If they refuse ask their name and tell them that you have no option but to report it to the police,
They will jump on it as they don't like the police involvement.
Message 13 of 22
by: remisch
on: 23/12/2014 | 23:36
Arrrrgh! couriers, couriers... in Poland were also some horror stories about their lack of competence and resposibility, so I see nothing new here Smiley Sad

Anyway if You'd paid with card (Visa or Mastercard) you can make a claim in your bank called chargeback, if supplier wont prove correct delivery you'll get your money back, though it can be long process (longest I had was 6 months, shortest ~45 days).

HTHY

Click here to PM me for a SIM card delivered face2face ;-) around:
Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Gosport, Havant area or nearby
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 14 of 22
by: littlewren07
on: 23/12/2014 | 23:40
@thegazbo

"The tracker that you would sign saves the gps position on the yodel ones, so I would ask that they look at the data and that they investigate".

But surely that too can be circumvented....?
All the delivery driver has to do is sit within the postal code of the purchaser and sign the tracker at his/her leisure?

Hard to prove genuine (non)delivery based on a digital signature as they are practically impossible to capture a normal signature we would expect to see using traditional pen and paper methods.

I do however, believe you are correct in your underlying thoughts...

Sadly (and dishonestly) it would appear that this is a tale of a delivery driver stealing and selling to order..

@stewartgavin

I wish you the very best of luck with your case. The advice you have been given is correct...

i.e. giffgaff, as the seller, are 100% responsible for either the refund, or redelivery of the phone.
Credit card would have been covered, but, again, sadly, as you paid by visa debit card, payment protection isn't available to you.

giffgaff complaints (using the email address given in a post above) AND a hard copy via registered post to the address (also posted earlier) are the way to go.

Again, I wish you the very best of luck, and please do keep us informed of your progress.
Message 15 of 22
by: remisch
on: 24/12/2014 | 02:30
@littlewren07
Chargeback covers any payment made by card regardless of being debit/credit/charge card as well as it comes either from Visa or Mastercard. That's most beautiful for us as customers, even on form to fill one of option is "good not delivered" Smiley Happy

HTH

Click here to PM me for a SIM card delivered face2face ;-) around:
Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Gosport, Havant area or nearby
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 16 of 22
by: osborne82
on: 24/12/2014 | 06:50
Contact your bank and ask for a visa charge back on a debit card your covered for transactions over 100 quid. Also ask an agent for imei. Block it and report to police
Then get bk intouch with delivery company they should want to help then lol
Cheers
Osborne82
Message 17 of 22
by: weeman
on: 24/12/2014 | 08:24

@osborne82 wrote:
Contact your bank and ask for a visa charge back on a debit card your covered for transactions over 100 quid. Also ask an agent for imei. Block it and report to police
Then get bk intouch with delivery company they should want to help then lol
Cheers
Osborne82

I don't know about the £100 rule for debit cards,I got £45 refunded back to me from my bank,after i ordered a pair of working boots,that never got sent out.

It took nearly 3 months to get the money back,but i got it back.

Oh and it was a maestro card.

George

Message 18 of 22
by: thegazbo
on: 24/12/2014 | 10:22
But surely that too can be circumvented....?
All the delivery driver has to do is sit within the postal code of the purchaser and sign the tracker at his/her leisure?

No it's accurate to a couple of meters, when I worked for yodel they caught a driver out that way and he was prosecuted and fired
Message 19 of 22
by: datdad
on: 23/01/2018 | 12:36
@stewartgavin sorry to hear about yet another Giffgaff delivery that’s not been completed.
You went the extra mile and tried to reason with the unsatisfactory delivery courier.
So as others have said your issue is with Giffgaff since it’s they who sold you the phone.
Suggest you only contact them in writing by letter or email and make each communication a complaint.
As others have written there is likely to be a ‘joint liability’with the card company so you should put them on notice that his is happened and that you may be requiring them too to reimburse your loss.
On a more general point it’s a regular complaint on these threads the poor quality of GGs courier - and GG are aware— it would lead me to buy elsewhere face to face though that’s no compensation for this apparently poor service for you.
Message 20 of 22