Community

I changed my number from giffgaf to another network

Started by: idk9175
On: 30/11/2018 | 19:20
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: idk9175
on: 30/11/2018 | 19:20

But I still want to use my giffgaff SIM card with a new number basically the only option I have is cancel pac which doesn’t do anything since number is already transferred

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: suzyevs
on: 30/11/2018 | 19:25

Hiya @idk9175. You will need a new sim, and activate it. You can still use your current giffgaff account, as you have ported your number to a new network, your giffgaff account will now be numberless. Activating a new sim on your old account will give yiu a new number on your old account. You will lose any credit, or goodybags on your old account when you ported your old number to a new network. 

big"It Takes 2 To Tango"
Message 5 of 7
by: grayme45
on: 30/11/2018 | 19:22
Hi there, if you port your number from giffgaff, then your giffgaff account and sim is permanently disabled. How can it work if it has no number? This is how number porting works.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: idk9175
Thought it would of assigned a new number
Message 4 of 7
by: jfc1951

@idk9175 wrote:

But I still want to use my giffgaff SIM card with a new number basically the only option I have is cancel pac which doesn’t do anything since number is already transferred

Hi @idk9175 having transferred your giffgaff number, your giffgaff SIM will have been deactivated.

If you want to use giffgaff, you can activate a new SIM under the account. Either order one for free or buy one locally for £1 or less from most places that sell SIMs.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
by: suzyevs

Hiya @idk9175. You will need a new sim, and activate it. You can still use your current giffgaff account, as you have ported your number to a new network, your giffgaff account will now be numberless. Activating a new sim on your old account will give yiu a new number on your old account. You will lose any credit, or goodybags on your old account when you ported your old number to a new network. 

big"It Takes 2 To Tango"
Message 5 of 7
by: natty88
on: 30/11/2018 | 19:26

@idk9175 you'll need a new SIM as when your transfer number out that Sims dead 

Then you would need to activate it with minimum ten pounds top up wait until you can make a call the ask whatever network you moved number to for your Pac  code to join giffgaff again Remember any Sims you have linked to this account won't work it must be one from either a member or here http://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
by: hezp
on: 30/11/2018 | 19:29
You will have to get another Giffgaff SIM ( it will have a new number) by post or from Tesco, Asda or Sainburys.
Open a new Giffgaff account with a different ID & Password. Then activate the SIM & you're ready to go.
This might help:
ACTIVATING SIM:
Follow the instructions on the card attached to the new SIM & wait up to 24 hours (usually 30 minutes).
Switch the phone on & off a couple of times.
When activated you should see Giffgaff in the top left hand corner of your phones screen.
If you still have a problem look at the following link:
https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Getting-Started/Activating-my-SIM/form/
-------
Message 7 of 7