Knowledge Base
Community

I have £19.88 on my phone but still purchasing goodybag each month. I want to change providers

Started by: johnwaldek1945
On: 12/02/2019 | 16:04
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: johnwaldek1945
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:04

I have money on my phone transferred from my previous provider. Now I want to change from Giff Gaff to another provider. I am still required to purchase a goodybag each month but how do I get my previous balance refunded

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: clikasarus
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:06

@johnwaldek1945 Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community 

sorry to see you go giffgaff isn’t for everyone 

you can request your Pac Code here ⬇️

Pac Code Request

or 

dial 43431 to request the code 

once you have your code it will last for 30 days

but please be aware once you move you will loose any credit and payback you may of accumulated you can donate it to charity if you wish here ⬇️

Justgiving Page

(The account will stay open for administration purposes only )

also you may want to turn of any recurring and auto payments here  ⬇️ before you go 

Payment Details

hope this has been helpful for you 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: danhamman
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:05

@johnwaldek1945 wrote:

I have money on my phone transferred from my previous provider. Now I want to change from Giff Gaff to another provider. I am still required to purchase a goodybag each month but how do I get my previous balance refunded

You are never required to buy any goodybags.

Any balance on your account would be lost when you leave.

.:.
Message 2 of 7
by: clikasarus

@johnwaldek1945 Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community 

sorry to see you go giffgaff isn’t for everyone 

you can request your Pac Code here ⬇️

Pac Code Request

or 

dial 43431 to request the code 

once you have your code it will last for 30 days

but please be aware once you move you will loose any credit and payback you may of accumulated you can donate it to charity if you wish here ⬇️

Justgiving Page

(The account will stay open for administration purposes only )

also you may want to turn of any recurring and auto payments here  ⬇️ before you go 

Payment Details

hope this has been helpful for you 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: brighthulk
@johnwaldek1945
No your not required to buy a goodybag each month. Please remove the saved the credit/debit card details under your payment details page here https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details to avoid any future charges.

Sorry any remaining allowances e.g airtime credit cannot be refunded if you decide to leave. You either use or lose them. If you wanted you can donate any remaining airtime credit to charity.
For more details check out this https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Give-to-charity-with-your-airtime-credit/ba-p/8905666 link

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: niniey2
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:09
In simple terms there is no need to have a goodybag however you have entered into a contract with giffgaff and one of the conditions is you use it or loose it, as you want to leave you are not entitled to a refund. You could always use the credit up on the sim or give it to someone else for them to use.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 7
by: lynnie_
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:10
turn off auto renew in your profile details, and delete your card details. and if you want a goodybag just buy one when you need too.. any airtime credit is not refunded. but you can buy a goodybag using it if it covers the goodybag you want.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: mrbergstrom1967
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:12
Good Afternoon @johnwaldek1945

Buying a goodybag is optional with giffgaff, Also when you change to another network you will lose any remaining credit.

Message 7 of 7