Community

I have accidentally clicked on lost and stolen sim card

Started by: shokria1997
On: 08/05/2019 | 10:56
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: shokria1997
on: 08/05/2019 | 10:56 edited: 16/05/2019 | 11:16

I have accidentally clicked on lost and stolen sim card from my giffgaff acount and I recently bought a goodybag . Now i cant call anyone or receive any calls .. 

plzzzz help me 

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: alexmgg2
on: 16/05/2019 | 10:22

@shokria1997wrote:

I still havnt recived my new sim card

You should normally get your SIM within 5 working days, but they do sometimes get lost in the post. Just order another one, or if you don't want to wait, you can buy one for a pound or less from many local shops and supermarkets (Co-Op, Tesco, McColls to name a few).

HTH

If someones answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving them Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
by: jossy22
on: 08/05/2019 | 11:00

@shokria1997 

You need to contact an agent about this:

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
on: 15/05/2019 | 23:19
Message 3 of 7
on: 16/05/2019 | 10:22

@shokria1997wrote:

You should normally get your SIM within 5 working days, but they do sometimes get lost in the post. Just order another one, or if you don't want to wait, you can buy one for a pound or less from many local shops and supermarkets (Co-Op, Tesco, McColls to name a few).

HTH

If someones answer has helped you solve your problem, please consider setting it as Best answer, or leaving them Kudos points. Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
on: 20/05/2019 | 11:34

I bought a new sim card how can i tansfer my old number to this new sim card .. i have tried to swap the sim card but they asking for PAC Code but i dont know where to get that 

Message 5 of 7
by: jfc1951
on: 20/05/2019 | 11:37

@shokria1997wrote:

I bought a new sim card how can i tansfer my old number to this new sim card .. i have tried to swap the sim card but they asking for PAC Code but i dont know where to get that 

@shokria1997  if you reported your SIM lost or stolen, the only SIM you can use to get going again is the special replacement which the report causes to be sent.

Did you actually report it lost/stolen.

And a PAC is only for changing networks.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.  -  Homer Simpson

Message 6 of 7
on: 20/05/2019 | 11:52

@shokria1997wrote:

Sorry, I'm afraid that I misread your question and gave you incorrect advice previously.

As you have reported your SIM lost or stolen, your account will have been frozen for security, and the only way to unfreeze it is to activate the special SIM that's sent to you first class in an envelope marked "Oops, don't worry, we'll get you back on track".

What you need to do now is check that you have the correct address registered with giffgaff. See your Profile and settings page here:

https://giffgaff.com/profile/details#address

When you know that you have your correct address registered, contact an agent, and explain all that's happened, using the form here:

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/SIM-and-number/Replacement-SIM-not-received/form/

They should be able to get another SIM sent out to you straight away, which with a bit of luck will get to you tomorrow.

Apologies again for my earlier misinformation.

Message 7 of 7