Knowledge Base
Community

I have apparently been banned from Unlimited goody bags on another account I am new to giff gaff.

Started by: rampaigesdolph
On: 20/07/2016 | 19:38
Replies: 9

by: rampaigesdolph
on: 20/07/2016 | 19:38
So, I have recently just joined giff gaff due to my sister being on giff gaff and recommending it to me. I got her to order me a SIM card and I've only had it since the 17th and I purchased an unlimited goody bag. I have gotten a text message today saying that I have been restricted from using unlimited goody bags on another account so they are extending that restriction onto this account? How is that fair? For one, I'm new to giff gaff and for two I've hardly been on here for long and they're banning me for something I haven't even done. I don't know if it's because my sisters been banned but I've never had giff gaff before and I find this unfair. What do I do?
Message 1 of 10
by: lost_7
on: 20/07/2016 | 19:41
You join another network, giffgaff are doing this to people to make more money. Their prices have went up and will continue to go up. Best getting out now, I have cut my spending with them down to almost nothing, too greedy.
Message 2 of 10
by: rebelyell
on: 20/07/2016 | 19:46
Maybe you can explain this to an agent and they might lift the restriction. If you live at the same address as your sister they might think that the two accounts are the same person using a slightly different name.

You can contact an agent by sending a message from the following link: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask
Message 3 of 10
by: rampaigesdolph
on: 20/07/2016 | 23:14
How long will an agent take to respond I've explained but I literally have 24p of credit now I have no internet no calls and no texts so theres no way of me knowing whether they've contacted me back or not they've already took the goodybag from me.
Message 4 of 10
by: murray232
on: 20/07/2016 | 23:38
should get back to you within 24 hours
Message 5 of 10
by: pwei94
on: 21/07/2016 | 06:42
This is because doctrine else at your address has been banned. Contact an agent, but its unlikely that they will lift it
Message 6 of 10
by: terencedaly
on: 21/07/2016 | 07:06

HI @rampaigesdolph

May I firstly point out the £20 goodybag is not unlimited it is indeed Always on data

What is "Always On"?

We know many of you find the concept of unlimited appealing as it gives peace of mind that you will always have data. On the other hand a small number of members using unlimited data still use a huge portion of our available data which impacts the experience for all our members.

In order to balance the data usage better, we have introduced "Always On" data.

On goodybags with "Always on" data you will benefit from:

• Your first 6GB of data can be used at full 4G speeds and can be used to tether.
  • After the first 6GB of data usage, you will get an unlimited data allowance at reduced speed (256kbps) from 8am to midnight (you get full speed data between midnight and 8am).

Can I tether on goodybags with "Always On" data?

Yes, it will be possible to tether on goodybags using "Always On" data during the first 6GB of data usage.

From the moment you receive a text to let you know that you have exhausted your 6GB of full speed data, you are switched to an unlimited data allowance and tethering is not allowed anymore.

giffgaff would of sent you a warning regarding this before you recieved your BAN,you must of took no notice and carried on doing what you were doing wrong.

Stage 1

If you use a goodybag SIM card in a dongle or a tablet device, you will be contacted by email and your mobile Internet usage will be suspended until you contact an agent.

Stage 2

In order to re-activate your mobile Internet, you will need to contact an agent and ask to be re-activated. The agent will send you an email which asks you to re-accept giffgaff's terms and conditions and commit to purchasing a gigabag before using your SIM card in a dongle, MiFi or tablet device again.

Stage 3

Once you have accepted the Terms and Conditions of use, mobile Internet usage will be unblocked. A warning is applied to the account which will last for 30 days.

Stage 4

Provided that you do not use your goodybag mobile Internet usage on a dongle or tablet device again within 30 days, the warning will be removed and no further action will be taken. However, if you use your goodybag mobile Internet allowance again on a dongle/tablet device within 30 days, then you will receive another email and your mobile Internet services will be blocked until the goodybag expires. You will have to contact an agent when your goodybag has expired in order to get mobile Internet services re-activated.

Tethering is allowed on all goodybags, gigabags and airtime credit. Tethering is allowed on the Always On goodybag while you are using data within your full speed data allowance. This means that tethering is not allowed after your first 6GB of usage.

We do not allow tethering when using the reduced speed unlimited mobile Internet of an Always On goodybag to ensure that we are utilising our network resource as efficiently and fairly as possible, so that it's working to deliver the maximum benefit to giffgaff members.

If you tether with an Always On goodybag after your first 6GB of usage, your usage will be identified as illegitimate as per the Terms and Conditions section 3.5.a, and your Internet access may be suspended under the policy to manage illegitimate usage.

If you tether with a gigabag or a goodybag with a limited data allowance, your Internet data allowance is shared between all connected devices. If you use up your data allowance before the goodybag expires, we will send a notification to your device to let you know. You will then be charged at 2p per MB from airtime credit balance for the remaining life of your goodybag / gigabag, but once your goodybag / gigabag expires standard rates for mobile data will apply.

If you tether using your airtime balance you'll be able to do so until your credit runs out.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
on: 21/07/2016 | 07:13

lost_7 wrote:

You join another network, giffgaff are doing this to people to make more money. Their prices have went up and will continue to go up. Best getting out now, I have cut my spending with them down to almost nothing, too greedy.

How can giffgaff be doing this to take more money.

They ban you,you cant use the service so you cant pay any money.

You can not pay more money to prevent getting BANNED for illegitimate usage and tethering with the 'Always On' goodybag

giffgaff policy on the  £20 goodybag Always on data NOT UNLIMITED is clear.

giffgaff introduced this change to prevent some members slowing the network down for other members.

All I can suggest is if you reqiure unlimited internet with truly unlimited data you look towards having home broadband instaled in your home.

Please be aware though even some home broadband packages have restrictions .

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 10
by: rky11
on: 21/07/2016 | 07:21
The rule may have been applied due to the same address, a agent is the only person that can sort this out
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
on: 21/07/2016 | 07:24 edited: 21/07/2016 | 07:25

rampaigesdolph wrote:

How long will an agent take to respond I've explained but I literally have 24p of credit now I have no internet no calls and no texts so theres no way of me knowing whether they've contacted me back or not they've already took the goodybag from me.

@rampaigesdolph

May I just point out this will not be anything to do with your sister.

giffgaff are aware that the device you are using is the device that has been banned in the past on another account.

Your phone is sending your MAC address/device type   out and they can determine from this and other factors it is the same person they have banned.

Plus you probally have used the same payment method, same bank card to make your goodybag purchase.

And of course the fact you have registered a second account from the same adress

So same adress same device different account looks suspicious

Every time you go online, you share certain information with giffgaff, including information about the device you are using. If you use an Always On goodybag with an unlimited mobile Internet allowance in a device which is not a mobile phone after your first 6GB of mobile data has expired then this is illegitimate usage.

Please also refer to article 3.5 in our Terms and Conditions.

For more information about this process, please see the Dongle or tablet usage Process Overview section below.

Patterns indicating illegitimate usage

We monitor the mobile Internet activity which takes place on the network each day and we have developed a system to identify tethering automatically.

Based on tethering indicators we are able to identify with a great level of confidence the members who are using a goodybag with unlimited Internet and are using it to tether.

It is a very small minority of members who are identified as tethering using these indicators, but unless this usage is prevented, illegitimate usage consumes an unfair amount of network resources.

To avoid accidental tethering, we recommend turning your wireless hotspot feature to OFF if you're using an Always On goodybag and have used your first 6GB of mobile Internet data.

For more information about this process, please see the Tethering prevention procedure section below.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 10