Knowledge Base
Community

I have been charged for top-up that is not reflected in my available balance.

Started by: maggie_rose
On: 23/08/2016 | 10:47
Replies: 5

by: maggie_rose
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:47

My bank account shows a debit a few days ago of £12 from Giffgaff. When I go to make a call, even to check my voice mail which is also inaccessible at the moment, the available balance has been dropping and currently shows an available balance of £1.62.

If the £12 top-up was reflected in minutes instead of in ££, then why would the available balance keep dropping, surely just the minutes would drop?

If the £12 top-up is indeed related to the available balance, then why hasn't it been applied, therefore showing an available balance of either £12 (if the month just restarts) or £13.62 (if the balance carries over)?

PS, it really stinks that you charge minutes/££ for checking voice mail.

Message 1 of 6
by: dbcooper_
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:49
The only way to get 100% accurate info is through an agent here
Incorrect balance / charges http://giff.ly/agentsbalance
In the further information box just explain your situation and agents will get back to you within 24 hours. Look out for an email to alert you, the replies are on the my giffgaff page

Voicemail at 8p per call or 1 goodybag minute

Hope this helps

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: astaneely
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:49
The £12 will be for a 30 day goodybag, not for credit. Chances are your credit is dropping due to phoning numbers that aren't covered by your goodybag (e.g. premium rate, international, text short codes).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 6
by: figment_uk
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:51

@maggie_rose

A £12 'top-up' can only be a goodybag purchase (airtime credit can only be purchased in £5 increments from £10-£30).  Goodybags are not included in your 'balance'

Please check your order history, which will show you what was bought.  If the transaction is not shown, ask yourself if anyone else has used your card for their own account.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 6
by: cps15966
on: 23/08/2016 | 10:56

astaneely wrote:

The £12 will be for a 30 day goodybag, not for credit. Chances are your credit is dropping due to phoning numbers that aren't covered by your goodybag (e.g. premium rate, international, text short codes).

@maggie_rose The above is probably correct, but check here also and you should see yor £12 goodbag with inclusive minutes etc shown on the dashboard page. If you can then all is well Smiley Wink

cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
by: sloz
on: 23/08/2016 | 11:03
@maggierose
If you dial *100*7# do you see goodybag minutes? Is there an expiry date?

Was a £12 goodybag set to recur a few days ago?
On your my giffgaff page
Http://www.giffgaff.com/dashboard
Does it show that you have no active goodybag?

Does it say your goodybag is proccessing or updating?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 6