Knowledge Base
Community

I have unlimited texts minutes and 20 of data that I never use. I don’t call any numbers apart from landlines or mobiles so why is my top up find going doen?

Started by: daveblue243
On: 15/03/2019 | 19:25
Replies: 4

by: daveblue243
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:25
Why does my top up fund keep going down when I have unlimited texts minutes and data and don’t call anything other than landlines or mobiles
Message 1 of 5
by: smithster225225
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:26
Hi there @daveblue243

Even though you have a goodybag, some texts/calls are not part of the goodybag allowance.

Here is a link to pricing in addition to your goodybag (NON goodybag numbers) -

https://giffgaff.com/pricing

Also, here is a link to the possible causes that would see airtime credit reducing instead of goodybag allowances being used -

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/I-have-a-goodybag-why-is-my-credit-decreasing...

Many thanks
Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 2 of 5
by: hezp
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:41
This information might help you.
***The difference between GOODYBAGS & AIRTIME: The 2 Giffgaff Tariffs***
The 2 Giffgaff Tariffs can be a bit confusing. This information explains them.
*****GOODYBAG is a monthly allowance for Texts, Calls & Data, plus free Giffgaff to Giffgaff calls - it expires at the end of 30 or 31 days from when you bought it.
Goodybag minutes can be used to call any UK landline numbers that start with 01, 02, 03, and UK mobiles starting with 071 to 075 and 077 to 079.
*****AIRTIME is a PAY- AS-YOU-GO allowance which is used for Multimedia Message Services (MMS), used abroad, for outside the EU area & for 0870, 118 etc. numbers & lasts until it runs out. Plus for the first 3 months after top-up you have free Giffgaff to Giffgaff calls.
****AIRTIME Charges: Calls @ 15p a minute, Texts 5p, Data 5p per MB, Voicemail 8p a call.
+++++ Picture messages (MMS) to giffgaff and other mobiles (max 300KB) 16p per MMS****
(Goodybags do NOT include MMS)
Click on this link to see all Calls & Tariffs to UK mobiles: https://giffgaff.com/pricing
------------
You can buy both types of credit from your account's Homepage at www.giffgaff.com
If you do decide on a Goodybag you will be able to tick for it to re-occur on the same day each month.

Message 3 of 5
by: figment_uk
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:50

@daveblue243 

Does your balance drop by a specific amount each time?

or are you being confused by the balance notification messages which appear after every call or text, even no charge has been made

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 5
by: ross1408
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:53
If it's a smartphone make sure the data, also known as mobile internet is switched off. If not it will use data in the background on apps.

If you find any of this useful consider an appropriate acknowledgement
Message 5 of 5