Knowledge Base
Community

I've just purchased a goody back for one month, the email says there will be the same added next mon

Started by: trevorc04
On: 09/05/2016 | 15:21
Replies: 7

by: trevorc04
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:21

I've just purchased a goody bag for one month, received an email saying when it ends I will have the same added to my account, I don't want this, I have not accepted auto renewal. How can I stop this ?.

Message 1 of 8
by: riodog
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:22
Open the app and then go into the recurring goody bag option and disable.
Message 2 of 8
by: eddie2901
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:25
Hi follow guide and cancel reoccurring goodybag
Reoccurring goodybag
If you already have an active goodybag

If you already have an active goodybag, then all you need to do is visit your "My giffgaff" page, and on the left-hand side of the screen, you will see the "My goodybags" section. Underneath this section, you'll see a message telling you that you can switch your goodybag to automatically renew itself.

Just click on the link and then follow the instructions from the "My Payment Details" screen.

In the bottom half of the "My Payment Details", you can select to "change" the "Recur your goodybag" settings.

All you need to do is click the "Recur your selected goodybag" check box to recur your current goodybag, and then click on the "Save recurring settings" button.

If you want to change the type of goodybag you want to recur, then just select the goodybag you want to recur in the table on the same page, and then click on the "Save recurring settings" button.
Plus check link if you need more information
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Solve-your-questions/Guide-to-queued-goodybags/ta-p/3513321
Good luck
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: carolinel
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:28
Hi, you should of opted out when you activated but you can cancel it at
https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details
Message 4 of 8
by: sukhishina
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:29
Hi @trevorc04 make sure your recurring goodybags is turned off. If it is then I'm guessing the email could have been sent in error.
As long as you've got it turned off at your end you should be fine and it shouldn't recur.
Message 5 of 8
by: antonio75
on: 09/05/2016 | 15:30
Hi.....just login to your account and disable reccuring goodybags.
Message 6 of 8
by: trevorc04
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:07

Thank you - I have checked my account both recur and auto top up are set to OFF. I checked the email I recieved and it says when this expires the same will automatically be added to your account, but I don't how or why. Cheers

Message 7 of 8
by: figment_uk
on: 09/05/2016 | 16:11

trevorc04 wrote:

Thank you - I have checked my account both recur and auto top up are set to OFF. I checked the email I recieved and it says when this expires the same will automatically be added to your account, but I don't how or why. Cheers

The email lied!  It's been reported to giffgaff several times - one day they'll get around to fixing it.

As long as you do not have recurring goodybag or auto top-up turned on nothing will happen. For extra peace of mind do not save a debit or credit card to your account.

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 8 of 8