Knowledge Base
Community

IPhone 5 no longer working

Started by: brianmcintyre
On: 18/02/2019 | 17:41
Replies: 3

by: brianmcintyre
on: 18/02/2019 | 17:41

My IPhone 5 has stopped working as of today.

It shows I am still connected to the Network with a good signal, however all calls I try to make fail, texts are showing not delivered and I cannot receive calls or texts?

How do I start problem solving this?

Kind Regards

Brian

Message 1 of 4
by: endorphin
on: 18/02/2019 | 17:45

Hi @brianmcintyre please try turning your phone off and back on.

If that doesn't work, you should see if there are any network problems where you are using the service status checker: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Service-Checker/td-p/17646124

If there are no network problems by you, see if doing a manual roam helps as described here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Force-the-change-of-SMS-settings/ta-p/4871794

Finally please try swapping SIMs with another phone to see if there's a problem with your phone or the giffgaff SIM.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 4
by: jfc1951
on: 18/02/2019 | 18:03 edited: 18/02/2019 | 18:04

@brianmcintyre wrote:

My IPhone 5 has stopped working as of today.

It shows I am still connected to the Network with a good signal, however all calls I try to make fail, texts are showing not delivered and I cannot receive calls or texts?

How do I start problem solving this?

Kind Regards

Brian

If the problem is not a service/SIM issue @brianmcintyre , does mobile data work (i.e. not WiFi).

I ask since a phone which has been blacklisted will not operate for calls and texts, but will for mobile data. Unscrupulous sellers have been known to, once they have sold on a used phone, declared it lost/stolen in order to claim on insuarance, resulting in the phone becoming blacklisted.

Hopefully this does not apply to you.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 3 of 4
by: brianmcintyre
on: 18/02/2019 | 18:54

The problem persists when the SIM is in a new phone, so that eliminates the handset.

The problem is within the SIM or being carried over with the SIM.

How often does a SIM card just stop working? Seems strange, I'm sure the SIM card isn't broken.

Message 4 of 4