by: winniewoo02
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:47

If i purchase a contract phone ,what is a goody bag and do i need one

Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mumblebee15
on: 01/12/2015 | 00:50
The GiffGaff sim is sent automatically, therefore you buy a one off goody bag for that sim that comes with the new phone. You don't have to keep the sim, just pop your 02 sim into the new phone (as giffgaff phones are unlocked) but goody bags are worth every penny! I dont know what I'd do without my goody bag lol! Hope you get sorted! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff SimKudos or Best Answer! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
by: mcilwraith
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:47

if you dont have an activated sim
you must buy the first goodybag.you cant cancel it
you can either just not activate the sim or use it for a month making sure recur is switched off.then use the phone with whatever sim you want

Message 2 of 12
by: hh742
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:48
Hi @winniewoo02,

Hi no you do not need a goodybag and it's a set amount of data, minutes and text. The more you pay the better the package, £20 being pretty much unlimited everything
If your problem has been solved or partially solved kudos and like this post as it'll help others facing the same or a similar problem.
Message 3 of 12
by: flaxvert
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:48

You need one if you do not have an active sim at the moment. Here are what the goodybags give you https://giffgaff.com/buy/sim-only-plans

You can cancel them at any time after purchasing the phone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://www.giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.png" width="550" height="80" alt="Get a free giffgaff Sim" >
Message 4 of 12
by: noyanc
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:49
The price is split in to monthly for the handset. Goodbags are the minutes qnd data etc. Initially u need to get one. After the first month you dont need goodybags. Just pay for phone. If you want to make calls and use data etc u need to purchase a goodybad which is like a 30 day sim contract. Or u can top up money and use that.
Message 5 of 12
by: ski_31
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:56
Hi @winniewoo02 and welcome to the giffgaff community! Smiley Very Happy

Check here: https://giffgaff.com/goodybags
for information on these monthly packages and what they entail.

If you have an active SIM at the moment you will not have to purchase a goodybag with the phone purchase but you will if you don't have an active SIM.

Goodybags are not contracts so can be cancelled at any time or changed around at any time.

Cheers,
Sami Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff SIM with £5 free credit
Check out my guide on everything mobile number. Please have a look at my latest idea thanks Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
by: 1hale
on: 30/11/2015 | 23:59
A goodybag is a monthly allowance.

This allowance is a bundle of minutes/texts/data

So currently for £10 you get:

500 minutes of calls
Unlimited texts
1GB data
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 7 of 12
by: winniewoo02
on: 01/12/2015 | 00:14

Sorry i still dont understand ,I currently have an 02 contract which i pay a monthly fee for .I dont have to pay any extras .If i get a contract phone from giff gaff for £17.13 do i also have to pay a monthly amount for a goody bag ?

Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
by: rayhoo
on: 01/12/2015 | 00:48

winniewoo02 wrote:

Sorry i still dont understand ,I currently have an 02 contract which i pay a monthly fee for .I dont have to pay any extras .If i get a contract phone from giff gaff for £17.13 do i also have to pay a monthly amount for a goody bag ?

Hi,

Before you procede any further, take a look here Credit & goodybag confusion   to see how airtime credit and goodybags work.

If you don't have an activated giffgaff SIM at the moment then check here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/Becoming-a-member/ta-p/10441077  for more information on becoming a member to enable your phone purchase.

If you're still not sure of any then just ask again.

Message 9 of 12
by: mumblebee15
on: 01/12/2015 | 00:50
The GiffGaff sim is sent automatically, therefore you buy a one off goody bag for that sim that comes with the new phone. You don't have to keep the sim, just pop your 02 sim into the new phone (as giffgaff phones are unlocked) but goody bags are worth every penny! I dont know what I'd do without my goody bag lol! Hope you get sorted! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff SimKudos or Best Answer! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12