Message 21 of 27
by: ukwiz
on: 23/11/2011 | 13:41

@tyrbiter wrote:

@taffy1958 wrote:

howdo you do contactan educator ?

thanks

The links on this page will do it:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Need-to-Contact-an-Agent-Handy-Links/m-p/11...

I would suggest picking an educator who is online and recently active in the forums.

How do you know whether an educator is online, and whether they have been recently active?
Happy Giff-Gaffer
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 22 of 27
by: johnnylager
on: 23/11/2011 | 13:45

@sammywhammy wrote:

the goodybag i bought when activating the sim is being used by somebody else. Ive not typed anything in wrong it is soley giffgaffs fault something has gone wrong at their end

theres no way of knowing now whether you had a digit wrong when you activated your sim and inadvertantly activated an unused sim with that code instead of your own. Thats the only thing i can think thats happened?

Unless of course the wrong sim was in the wrong packet?

Do you still have the sim card holder? that has an activation code on it, they could see if that matches up with the serial number on the sim?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 23 of 27
by: tyrbiter
on: 23/11/2011 | 13:57

@ukwiz wrote:

@tyrbiter wrote:

@taffy1958 wrote:

howdo you do contactan educator ?

thanks

The links on this page will do it:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Need-to-Contact-an-Agent-Handy-Links/m-p/11...

I would suggest picking an educator who is online and recently active in the forums.

How do you know whether an educator is online, and whether they have been recently active?

The separate links take you to each individual educator''s profile, and from that you can see (with the exception of Hazel I think) if they are online and by looking at the recent activity see the last time they did something in the forum. Then you can send a PM using the link at the top right of the profile page.

Brian

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 27
by: tyrbiter
on: 23/11/2011 | 14:01

@johnnylager wrote:

@sammywhammy wrote:

the goodybag i bought when activating the sim is being used by somebody else. Ive not typed anything in wrong it is soley giffgaffs fault something has gone wrong at their end

theres no way of knowing now whether you had a digit wrong when you activated your sim and inadvertantly activated an unused sim with that code instead of your own. Thats the only thing i can think thats happened?

Unless of course the wrong sim was in the wrong packet?

Do you still have the sim card holder? that has an activation code on it, they could see if that matches up with the serial number on the sim?

The short activation code is on the SIM card surround,  not on the sleeve (which giffgaff stopped using recently) so it can't be incorrect for the SIM as the two parts are still attached at this point.

Also, if the system is sensible, as soon as an activation code is used successfully it should be marked as used and not be possible to activate a second time.

I still think this has to be some sort of finger trouble when activation codes are matched up with the SIM number, I suspect that it is a manual process somehow.

Brian

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 27
by: johnnylager
on: 23/11/2011 | 14:03

i meant the sim card surround, the credit card type thing you pop the sim out of, but agreed theres been a finger malfunction somewhere

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 26 of 27
Highlighted
by: andylamb
on: 23/11/2011 | 14:03
Was this a MicroSIM for an iPhone?

I order for a MicroSIM to be cut it has to come uopt of the plastic surround. It is possible to get them mixed up at this point. This would explain 2 people activating each others SIMs.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 27