111116-000404   
Status
        Solved   
Created
        16/11/2011 11.58 AM   
Updated
        23/11/2011 12.11 PM   
Category
  •                                         Joining giffgaff                       
Thread
            Response            Jacqueline McGinn                    23/11/2011 12.11 PM       
        Hi again Samantha,
Thanks for getting back in touch with us here at the giffgaff team with your SIM query.
I have checked your account and under the username of 'sammywhammy', the SIM serial number is '8944110065266096974'.
The SIM serial number that you have provided - '8944110065265343310' is not showing as part of an active account, can you advise if you have any other giffgaff accounts/usernames.
Kindest Regards, Jackie @ The giffgaff team www.giffgaff.com   
            Customer            Samantha Parker Grange                    23/11/2011 11.28 AM       
        When I log into my giffgaff it says it is active. There was a problem when I activated it and the number it gave me belongs to someone else who is using giffgaff. I phoned him up and he said he thinks you have gave me his number as he 2 is having problems using his account. Could you try logging in as me and you will see what I'm talking about. I just want it sorted it now I have been waiting a week and i am losing patience   
            Response            chrisr                    23/11/2011 08.24 AM       
        Hi Samantha
Thank you for contacting me regarding your account active query.
I can see on your account that your username 'sammywhammy' is not active.
If you are active please send me your giffgaff mobile number so I can check the giffgaff data base for your correct information and then answer your query.
I hope this helps, in the meantime if you have any further account related queries please get back to me at giffgaff Head Quarters.
Any other non-account related queries can you be raised with your fellow giffgaffer’s on our community forum via the following link: http://community.giffgaff.com/
Kind Regards,
Chris @ The giffgaff team   
            Customer            Samantha Parker Grange                    23/11/2011 02.31 AM       
        That is not the number on the back of the sim I have activated. I have been waiting a week for to sort this. You have taken 10 pound out of my account so it must be activated.  I would like you to either fix this soon or I want a refund.   
            Response            Karen @ The giffgaff team                    22/11/2011 05.31 PM       
        Good Afternoon Samantha,
Thanks for getting in touch with us here at the giffgaff team with your SIM query.
I have checked your account and under the username of 'sammywhammy', the SIM serial number is '8944110065266096974'.
The SIM serial number that you have provided is not showing as part of an active account, can you advise if you have any other giffgaff accounts/usernames.
Thanks in advance, Karen @ The giffgaff team www.giffgaff.com   
Message 1 of 27
by: sydbrazil2
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:17
Do you need help?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 27
by: kmp
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:18
I understand that you're frustrated, but posting the messages here doesn't help any of us to help you. The best thing you can do is just keep bugging the agents, or get an educator to give them a nudge for you.
Message 3 of 27
by: sammywhammy
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:21

Ive been waiting a week though. Is this acceptable? Im new to giffgaff so wouldnt know but if this is the length of time you have to wait im off back to o2

Message 4 of 27
by: kmp
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:23

@sammywhammy wrote:

Ive been waiting a week though. Is this acceptable? Im new to giffgaff so wouldnt know but if this is the length of time you have to wait im off back to o2

It isn't usually how long you'd have to wait, but as giffgaff have been experiencing a lot of system errors lately, they have a massive backlog to work through. Get onto an educator, they'll be able to liaise with the agents for you.

Message 5 of 27
by: 821birds
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:23
how can help you?
Message 6 of 27
by: andylamb
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:25
OK, this means that you have typed in a wrong activation code.

Either you made a typo when you typed it in, or you were supplied the wrong information with the SIM. Was it a MicroSIM by any chance?

If you only activated recently, then I would get a refund and start again.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 27
by: wilky
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:26

@sammywhammy wrote:

atm it has to be acceptable to wait a week as theres a back log and giffgaff havnt quite grasped the concept of when a business expands as does its work force - doesnt mean we should take it as accpetable

what isnt acceptable is the copy & paste reponces  - its a joke

i've been waiting 3 months for a case which is still with the "tech team" has it happends

but to answer your question yes the agents are imcompetant and clueless in my opinion

Message 8 of 27
by: jps123
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:26
the agents are normally quicker than this but there have been loss me problems this month pm they are overworked. saying that your problem seems to be a tech team job and you should keep contacting the agents about it. I agree with you its not acceptable that 2 peoples accounts get crossed over somehow
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 27
by: taffy1958
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:28

can you please help. i'm in the same situation : they agent didn't even read my emial correctly and todl me to just ask the community for help.

Strange i wasn;t aware the community to fix a sim that wont allow me to enter a puk code. i'm loosing time on my goodybag, missing important calls and loosing money .

can someone help i'm rather dissapointed , i no ww get cheap calls but is it  not worth having tech support for a few pence extra. ?

please help if you can i'm gettign now where :-(

Message 10 of 27