Community

Insert Sim Card error

Started by: sb1984
On: 12/03/2018 | 13:46
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: sb1984
on: 12/03/2018 | 13:46

My phone keeps showing the Insert SIM card error - emergency calls only message and i cannot access the network. I have to restart my phone and gain access to network but it can go back to no SIM at any time. I have gone to the Samsung support to check if my Samsung A5 is the problem. They did the diagnostic test, and it seemed all fine. They said its the problem of the SIM. How can I resolve this problem, thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: eddiehk6
on: 12/03/2018 | 13:50
hi @sb1984

Test the giffgaff SIM in several devices first. If the same SIM behaves poorly in multiple devices, then you can order a new SIM and do a ‘SIM swap’: https://giffgaff.com/support/sim-and-number/change-your-sim.
Your number / goodybag / credit get transferred to the new SIM so you don't lose anything.

You should also test different known working SIMs in your Samsung phone. If all SIMs get poor signal in the same device, then much more likely a problem with your handset.

Please remember to select a ___| Best Answer +★|___and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos! Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: dalan
on: 12/03/2018 | 13:47

Hello @sb1984. Give the sim a wile with a clean cloth. You could also try your sim in another phone, this will rule out a faulty sim or phone.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: eddiehk6
hi @sb1984

Test the giffgaff SIM in several devices first. If the same SIM behaves poorly in multiple devices, then you can order a new SIM and do a ‘SIM swap’: https://giffgaff.com/support/sim-and-number/change-your-sim.
Your number / goodybag / credit get transferred to the new SIM so you don't lose anything.

You should also test different known working SIMs in your Samsung phone. If all SIMs get poor signal in the same device, then much more likely a problem with your handset.

Please remember to select a ___| Best Answer +★|___and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos! Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
by: insaneyln

sb1984 wrote:

My phone keeps showing the Insert SIM card error - emergency calls only message and i cannot access the network. I have to restart my phone and gain access to network but it can go back to no SIM at any time. I have gone to the Samsung support to check if my Samsung A5 is the problem. They did the diagnostic test, and it seemed all fine. They said its the problem of the SIM. How can I resolve this problem, thanks

@sb1984; you can order a new SIM card from the website, and after it arrives, use the form factor matching your phone's SIM slot followed by performing a SIM Swap.

A SIM Swap will allow you to retain your existing Giffgaff number. Read the following article:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084

I hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5
by: sb1984
on: 12/03/2018 | 13:51
Thanks. My SIM worked fine in my old phone. Will give it a wipe and see.
Message 5 of 5