Community

Internet issues

Started by: taslima13
On: 19/01/2014 | 23:57
Replies: 11

Go to best answer
by: taslima13
on: 19/01/2014 | 23:57

I've got the £12 goodybag with unlimited internet and have checked the 02 website thingy so see how good the internet is around your area - which appears to be good in my area, yet why is it so bad?!

Help!

Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: mathew40
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:02
Hi there and thanks for visiting the community.

If you could please turn your device OFF,wait 5 minutes,then turn your device ON again,as this can help in most cases.
If your issue has not been resolved,check the signal in your area,by visiting or clicking onto the link below.
Please be aware that the website is updated hourly, so there may be a current issue that is not showing yet. Keep checking the signal checker website over the next few hours or so,cheers.

http://bit.ly/ggservice

If the signal checker is showing NO issues,you could also perform,a manual roam,which basically is searching for networks on your device.

1) Go to your phones "settings".

2)Select mobile network options.

3) Change the Network Selection Mode from Automatic to Manual

A list of available networks will be displayed after a few moments.

4) Select any other network that is not your home provider network. After a few moments you will see "No Service" on the display.

5)Now select your home provider(which is o2) network and change the selection back to Automatic.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: shilla1
on: 19/01/2014 | 23:59
Havevyou done the settings?
Text settings to 2020
Or download the app
if already have it
reboot the phone
do manual roaming
restart the phone
or could be tge network issue
Message 2 of 12
by: mr_stephen
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:00

The 'O2 website thingy' (is that a technical term?) can only give you a very general idea what the signal is like in your area. There are many factors specific to you that will affect it, such as the construction of your house, nearby buildings and trees, the make and model of your phone, even the state of your battery. You just have to find the place where it works best and stay there!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
by: hfizzle
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:00
Restart phobe. Wsit 5 mins before turning it back on. Works in alot of cases
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 12
by: mathew40
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:02
Hi there and thanks for visiting the community.

If you could please turn your device OFF,wait 5 minutes,then turn your device ON again,as this can help in most cases.
If your issue has not been resolved,check the signal in your area,by visiting or clicking onto the link below.
Please be aware that the website is updated hourly, so there may be a current issue that is not showing yet. Keep checking the signal checker website over the next few hours or so,cheers.

http://bit.ly/ggservice

If the signal checker is showing NO issues,you could also perform,a manual roam,which basically is searching for networks on your device.

1) Go to your phones "settings".

2)Select mobile network options.

3) Change the Network Selection Mode from Automatic to Manual

A list of available networks will be displayed after a few moments.

4) Select any other network that is not your home provider network. After a few moments you will see "No Service" on the display.

5)Now select your home provider(which is o2) network and change the selection back to Automatic.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: cintel35
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:09

What phone are you using ?. On your quiz if you remember , they prefer you to check your signal on the giffgaff thingy......Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: taslima13
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:14
done the settings when i got my new phone, i've got an xperia sp, and i used this - http://status.o2.co.uk/
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
by: kylie_ysyeng19
on: 20/01/2014 | 00:22

Hi there taslima, bear in the mind that the signal checker shows you the signal strength which may be good in your area.

Depending on how many users there are, some signal congestion may occur and this splits out the bandwidth between customers in that service area. Thats the reason why your data appears faster at certain "unsocial" hours of the day when not many users are using the data services.

Whenever your internet is slow, you can turn on flight mode, wait 5 seconds and turn flight mode back off

This should re-establish a fresh connection with the cell tower and should temporarily resolve your issue

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
by: ravisid
on: 20/01/2014 | 06:26
Regd Internet/MMS settings, you need to set the network internet settings as detailed below -

GIFFGAFF INTERNET SETTINGS=
Internet and mms settings...

Text "settings" to 2020

If all that fails here are the basic APN settings to manual input...

Manual Settings:

Connection Name: giffgaff
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Login - Username: "giffgaff" for all devices or "vertigo" for iPhones and iPads
Password: the password is "password"
Proxy: <<leave blank>>
MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 82.132.254.1
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10

-------------------
At the end, turn your phone off and then on again – and hopefully (fingers crossed) it should work

I hope that this information helps you to sort out your problem
Message 9 of 12