Internet on VM202 (Alcatel OT-606) - going around in circles

Started by: buddyb
On: 31/01/2011 | 15:42
Replies: 41

Go to best answer
by: buddyb
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:42 edited: 31/01/2011 | 16:03

Hi,

I seem to be going around in circles trying to get an internet connection and hope someone can help me please.

I have a new VM202 which is unlocked from Virgin.  I can make calls and text, but get 'Connection Failed' when I try to access the internet.

I have tried without success following the 'ANP settings' post (I couldn't find where to enter all the information options given), so I sent a text to 2020, but got a reply saying -

"We had problems dealing with your request for settings.  Don't worry, there is step by step help here: giffgaff.com"

So here I am!  Can someone please help?

Thanks

Photobucket If I helped you, then a click on my star counter on the left hand side is always appreciated. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 42
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
on: 19/03/2011 | 22:00
Best Answer

Just wanted to point out that the settings I posted in my original post were correct and I put the problem I was having down to a signal problem.  The problem basically solved itself and I've been using giffgagg ever since.

Photobucket If I helped you, then a click on my star counter on the left hand side is always appreciated. Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 42
by: weeman
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:50

You could try the manual settings.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Definitive-APN-Settings-list/td-p/1279

After you install the settings restart the phone.

George

Message 2 of 42
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:53

Thanks for a quick reply, but as I said I did try that without success.Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 42
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:56

buddyb wrote:

Thanks for a quick reply, but as I said I did try that without success.Smiley Sad

Sorry mate i did not see that.

"Contact us" at the bottom of the page.

You may have a data bar on the sim,contact an agent and they will remove it for you.

George

Message 4 of 42
by: funkylogik
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:56
is it possible to edit the title of a post? maybe if u include the phone model itl catch sum1s eye who has xperience with that phone m8
Get a free giffgaff SimGet a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 42
by: darrenpainter
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:58
For info, the phone known as a VM202 is a re-badged Alcatel OT-606 if anyone has experience of that phone's settings
Message 6 of 42
on: 31/01/2011 | 15:58

funkylogik wrote:
is it possible to edit the title of a post? maybe if u include the phone model itl catch sum1s eye who has xperience with that phone m8

The model is there funky,are you on the sauce.Smiley Tongue

George

Message 7 of 42
by: mary_r_t
on: 31/01/2011 | 16:02

You could try going to help and looking through the Alcatel guides we do have there. It may be that your phone has a similar set up to one of those. I've no idea about Alcatels though.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
Message 8 of 42
on: 31/01/2011 | 16:06

Thanks for all the replies.  I have edited my post to include the model details (should have thought of that - sorry) .

I have tried looking for the information under VM202 and Alcatel OT-606.  On the Virgin site only a quick start guide is available, but I found a full user manual for the OT-606 and that has been great.  I think I will follow the 'Contact Us' link.

Thanks everyone.

Message 9 of 42
by: max_and_anna
on: 31/01/2011 | 16:08

no experience with alcatel but:

- in your SETTINGS there's gotta be something like CONNECTION SETTINGS or INTERNET SETTINGS or INTERNET PROFILES - this is where you put all the details from manual setup (link in first reply)

If still o luck come back and let's do it step by step - post what menus you see and we'll help you, bit slow I know but it'll work

The London Mint Office, click here
Message 10 of 42