Community

Invalid Information error when purchasing phone

Started by: saritafrit127
On: 28/01/2019 | 20:32
Replies: 10

by: saritafrit127
on: 28/01/2019 | 20:32

Hi there, 

I am receiving an error message that the information I have entered is invalid when purchasing a phone. As others have suggested in previous posts, I have cleared my brower's history, cookies and cache. I have tried a different browser, and different devices, and I still receive the same error message. I'm not really sure what else to try. 

I have been in touch with an Agent but they are suggesting that I do the things that I have already done.

Is there any other way to purchase a phone from Giffgaff? Has anyone found another solution?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 11
by: gizmopup
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:20
Hiya
This often can happen if you live in a house converted to flats and properties of a similar nature... The form is very address sensitive.
Do you have any problems getting parcels delivered?
Message 2 of 11
by: natty88
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:23

' @saritafrit127 try via these links to buying phone's from giffgaff https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/Buying-a-giffgaff-phone/ta-p/10441209 or if applying for a loan use this one  http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Getting-started/Buying-a-giffgaff-phone-with-a-loan/ta-p/10724769 remember if approved you must go through the whole buying process again exactly as did first time same phone same colour same price plan and memory only after doing this will phone be dispatched to your uk address  

If still have issues with buying please contact the agents about it and click on phone queries then use the how can we help box and explain the issue contact the agents 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/using-giffgaff/when-to-contact-an-agent/ta-p/9114714

remember allow from a few hours up to a maximum time of 24hrs for agents replies which will show here when logged into your account 

http://giffgaff.com/support/questions 

Remember agents work from 8am until 11pm daily 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:40
Hi @natty88 thank you very much for your detailed reply and for sending those links over.

I have tried again but unfortunately ran into the same error message. I have replied to the Agent who originally got back to me with the suggestions, but am yet to hear again.

Hopefully in their reply they will be able to provide another option as so far, nothing seems to be working.
Message 4 of 11
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:41
Hi @gizmopup! Thank you for your reply. I do live in a block of flats, but my specific address did come up in the drop-down menu, so I assumed that part was working fine. Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 11
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:45

@saritafrit127  Have you tried using another device or browser like chrome Firefox or opera mini and see if allows you to buy phone then via links I've given also it could be your card has flagged giffgaff security system i would wait on agent replying again here http://giffgaff.com/support/questions 

Also is there a break in your UK addresses if applying for loan it's must be last 3yrs information given for credit checks

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 11
by: gizmopup
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:48
@saritafrit127
It's good the website has yr address on record, so, the other thing to be sure to check is that yr postal address exactly matches the address yr debit / credit card is linked to... any little discrepancy will cause a problem.
Beyond those basic checks for accuracy I must say I'm lost as to where to go next.
I hope you get it sorted
Message 7 of 11
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:52
Hi @natty88 yep I've tried in Safari and Firefox - still the same problem. I get stuck at the address stage, so I haven't reached the payment page yet. It could be the addresses being an an issue, but I have provided two addresses that cover a period longer than 3 years so I think that should be ok?

I just wish that the error message would be more specific, and could highlight which areas were an issue.
Message 8 of 11
on: 28/01/2019 | 22:01
Hi @gizmopup, thanks again for your reply. It does all look to be accurate and fine, so it stumps me too! I am in touch with an Agent who has asked for a screenshot of the error message, so hopefully they'll be able to diagnose the problem on their side.

Thanks for taking the to reply. I'll send an update with a fix once I have one.
Message 9 of 11
on: 28/01/2019 | 22:01

@saritafrit127 I honestly can't think of what else you can try as you've done cache and history logged out and back in with another browser .your flat number shows via the address search and you've given 3yrs addresses plus your card details 

Hopefully the agent gets back soon to get you sorted out sorry I couldn't help more. Only other thing can think on is trying on a new account with different credit/debit card to see if works but it's a risk your taking and would need to purchase a goody bag with phone meaning and extra ten quid 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 11