Invalid email address text, but email address valid

Started by: dappervibes
On: 12/12/2015 | 12:45
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: dappervibes
on: 12/12/2015 | 12:45

Hi All,

I keep getting text messages such as "Important notice: We're unable to send you emails (inc passowrd resets) until you update your email address..." but my email address is valid and I got the welcome email and am getting promotional emails from them. I checked my spam and there are no messages from them there. Do I need to use another less convenient email address since they are having problems?

-Craig

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: deanwh
on: 12/12/2015 | 12:49
Hi there@dappervibes my friend
Yes the best thing to do in yhis case would be use a email address just for giffgaff maybe giffgaff.dappervibes@what ever you like.

Hope that helps my friend.
Deanwh
Message 3 of 5
by: figment_uk
on: 12/12/2015 | 12:48

You will get these messages if an email giffgaff try to send you is bounced for any reason - this could happen to any email address if (for example) your inbox is full, or your provider's service is not available due to maintenance etc.  

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
by: deanwh
on: 12/12/2015 | 12:49
Hi there@dappervibes my friend
Yes the best thing to do in yhis case would be use a email address just for giffgaff maybe giffgaff.dappervibes@what ever you like.

Hope that helps my friend.
Deanwh
Message 3 of 5
by: j_s
on: 12/12/2015 | 13:01
Hi, this happened to my friend and he contacted the agents saying the email could be used by everyone else and he wasn't going to change it. Somehow he started getting emails from giffgaff again when they sorted it out at their end. Its worth contacting the agents
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
by: dellboy99
on: 12/12/2015 | 13:05

I get it all the time just ignore it

Message 5 of 5