Knowledge Base
Community

Issues still with Text messages and also problems when abroad

Started by: mariehoward
On: 07/12/2018 | 12:30
Replies: 4

by: mariehoward
on: 07/12/2018 | 12:30

Can anyone tell me if they are still having problems sending texts as they keep coming back failed but then the recipient will get them all through at once.  But it still shows message failed on my screen.

Also whenever i go abroad i immediately lose service unless i am connected to a WI Fi system.  I always buy more data and turn on my mobile data, but nothing helps and i can never text or receive messages or use Google Maps etc.

People who are actually on O2 are fine and on other networks.  So why is this only happening with GIff Gaff users.

My sister is also on Giff Gaff and we all recently went to Budapest and were struggling to find our accomodation, but because we were on Giff Gaff we were snookerd as we both immediately lost signal.

We had to rely on another member of the party to do this for us because she was on a different Network (which is not good in this situation)

Also i have a timeshare in Tenerife and as soon as we arrive in Tenerife (my husband) gets immediate texts welcoming him to the local network etc. and he has full use of his phone (he is on O2).  But not me or my son who are both on Giff Gaff.

I have been with Giff Gaff for 4 years because i like the way it works and your tarifs, but i am starting to feel that we are only piggy backing onto the o2 network and are not receiving a good enough signal and connection capabilities as them.  In other words we are treated like the poor relation.

Please can someone explain why this is happening as it is starting to really cheese me off !!!

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
by: gizzblue
on: 07/12/2018 | 12:38
@mariehoward
12:15- 7th December 2018

Hello everyone,

Yesterday(Thursday, 6th Dec) ,our members have experienced issues while trying to use mobile data and had intermittent connectivity to voice and texts. One of our third-party suppliers had found a software issue in their system which affected mobile networks around the world.

The technical teams worked throughout the night to restore connectivity and 2G, 3G and 4G services should now be returning to normal for all of our members.

We’d like to apologise and tell you how sorry we are for all the inconvenience this has caused and we will make sure to let you know as soon as we have any new information.

Thank you so much for your patience,

Roxy

This was posted earlier by the giffgaff staff .
Message 2 of 5
by: mariehoward
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:19
Thanks. Yes i have service again. But this still does not answer the 2nd part of my query about losing signal whenever i am abroad and never being able to access texts, google maps or anything else for that matter unless i am back at my accommodation and linked to WiFi Yet other networks are fine including O2. This is not just happening with my phone, but with any of my family members who are on Giff Gaff. Please can this be clarified as to why?? As i said in my last query it really was not a good situation to be in when we went to Budapest recently.
Message 4 of 5
by: ross1408
on: 07/12/2018 | 23:08
Instead of Google maps I use MapsMe app, works without data, using phones Gps https://maps.me/download/
Message 5 of 5