Community

Issues topping up/processing payment

Started by: jhodgson
On: 24/04/2011 | 18:20
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: jhodgson
on: 24/04/2011 | 18:20 edited: 24/04/2011 | 18:24

Hi all, hopefully someone may be able to help. I've had issues topping up today, I have my own giffgaff sim and one for my dad to use, I managed to top my sim up after a few attempts, then when attempting to top up my fathers, the process did not work (buying a goodybag) so instead i bought him credit to buy a goodybag with. The payment timed out again, so i checked in payment history to see if either payment had worked, and i found 2 pending payments, one for credit and one for a goodybag, neither of which had finalised and both said 'unknown' for payment source rather than visa as per usual.

Could someone please help, we wanted a £10 goodybag with no extra credit, and i just want to make sure that no more than one payment will be taken.

Thanks so much in advance

Kindest regards

Oli

P.s - The account in question is the one from which i have written this post, phone number is gone 

P.p.s - This is the payment status copied and pasted

24/04/20111 x Top-up£10.00Waiting for paymentUnknown 
24/04/20111 x goodybag£10.00Waiting for paymentUnknown 
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: fiendishlyclever
on: 24/04/2011 | 18:23
Firstly it is not a good idea to post your number on a public forum - I've notified the moderator and requested he/she obscure it.

You need to contact an agent for account queries since they are the only ones with access to your account details so go to http://giffgaff.com/rightnow/ask - their response time is usually pretty fast.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: giffgafful
on: 24/04/2011 | 18:22

If you are having probs with cards, you could always try a voucher if there is a shop open near you today to sell you one. Also remove your phone number. This is an open forum, and anyone can see your number here.

Message 2 of 9
by: spider079
You can also use o2 top up vouchers. They also work.
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
by: fiendishlyclever
Firstly it is not a good idea to post your number on a public forum - I've notified the moderator and requested he/she obscure it.

You need to contact an agent for account queries since they are the only ones with access to your account details so go to http://giffgaff.com/rightnow/ask - their response time is usually pretty fast.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 9
by: andy_uk
on: 24/04/2011 | 18:24
There is an issue with card payments at the moment apparently.
I would suggest contacting an agent about this to be on the safe side.
If someone has answered your question satisfactorily, please accept it as a solution Smiley Happy
Don't forget to give kudos to those who you think deserve it, not because they're asking for it!

Before replying to a negative post, please have a read of this post by darrenpainter - it makes a lot of sense

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: jhodgson
on: 24/04/2011 | 18:25
thanks to all for seriously quick response, makes life so much easier!! i have removed phone number now, did think it was a bad idea but wasn't sure! Will contact admin now, thanks again!!
Message 7 of 9
by: sandiedog
on: 24/04/2011 | 20:09

Hi, I am having issues topping up too and have 3 entries one saying awaiting payment and 2 more saying declined with my card payment. When I try to contact an agent the page which pops up on the link is an Orange Mobile Network page - what on earth is going on? Can anyone help. I am really apprehensive about this as this is my first attempt at topping up a giffgaff sim and I don't want anyone having my card details. Thanks

Message 9 of 9