Community

Itunes can't find Iphone

Started by: trudiw
On: 12/11/2010 | 14:49
Replies: 31

Go to best answer
by: trudiw
on: 12/11/2010 | 16:45
Hi Cola think this might be getting a bit complicated to do in text! would you be willing to talk on the phone you could private message me your number (i presume you are on Giffgaff!) If you don't feel comfortable doing this don't worry I won't be offended and thanks very much for your help and weeman also.
Message 21 of 32
by: coloncancer
on: 12/11/2010 | 16:55 edited: 12/11/2010 | 16:56

trudiw - the first thing I would do before changing anything on your PC is to put the iphone in recovery mode.

Follow THIS guide and see if you can get it to be recognised in recovery mode - if so you will be able to set it up as a new iphone and it should work as normal from then.

Click HERE to request a free SIM card with £5 free credit upon activation.
Having Problems? Try the Search Engine as your first port-of-call.
Bowel Cancer UK - Raising Awareness.
Message 22 of 32
by: cola
on: 12/11/2010 | 16:57
will do
If I helped you or you now realise how cool I am, hit the red star below to give me Kudos Smiley Happy...If your question has been answered then click on the "Accept as Solution" to close the query down & let me know you are sorted!!!
Message 23 of 32
Highlighted
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:10

Driver issue. After the phone call worked it out, here is the solution people for future reference Smiley Happy

Update the driver:
o Right click the ‘ipod-camera’ in device manager and click on
‘Update Driver’ – the Hardware Update Wizard will open.
o Check the ‘Install from a list or specific location’ then click ‘Next’
o Check ‘Dont search. I will choose the driver to install' click 'Next'
Here you should see the Apple Device to update, click "Have Disk"
In the text box below type (or better copy and paste) or browse the folder to

C:\Progam Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

job done!

If I helped you or you now realise how cool I am, hit the red star below to give me Kudos Smiley Happy...If your question has been answered then click on the "Accept as Solution" to close the query down & let me know you are sorted!!!
Message 24 of 32
by: weeman
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:11

well done mate,good stuff.

George

Message 25 of 32
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:21

Thx, Basically pickup up the wrong drivers and got OP to zap it & manually find the drivers.

Message 26 of 32
by: weeman
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:24

@cola wrote:

Cool. I will first have to explain that I am a computer engineer, therefore a geek & get carried away in geek speak. if anything doesnt make sense please ask. In  control panel  >> Device Manager expand Universal serial bus & look through the list, can you see "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" ?

It`s also good to know we have an expert on hand,the more the merrier.Smiley Very Happy

George

Message 27 of 32
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:30

Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 32
by: trudiw
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:35

Wohoo!   Thanks everyone (other than apple) but especially Cola can't believe there are people nice enough to waste an afternoon helping me sort out my phone. x

Message 29 of 32
by: andreww
on: 12/11/2010 | 17:45

Cola - thanks for sorting my wife out Smiley Very Happy Cheers mate! Smiley Wink

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 30 of 32