JUST BOUGHT A GOODY BAG BUT CAN'T CALL NON-UK NUMBERS

Started by: sabrina_rao
On: 26/02/2018 | 15:39
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: sabrina_rao
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:39

Hi all,

I thought that each goody bag included the possibility to call non-UK numbers without being charged? 

I have just bought a new goody bag (10£) and it said I would have been able to make unlimited calls to international numbers.

My credit is £0 at the moment because I only use to pay the goodybag. I tried to call an Italian number and the voice said I don't have credit (but my goody bag is actually active and I can call UK numbers appearently - I am confused) -shall I top up to be able to call? But if I top up and I am able to call....that means I will be charged?

Thanks,

Sabrina

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: figment_uk
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:43

@sabrina_rao

You can only call non-UK EU/EEA numbers when you are roaming outside the UK.  You are not roaming in the UK.

In the UK, goodybags include calls and texts to UK landline numbers starting 01, 02 or 03, UK mobile numbers starting 071, 072, 073, 074, 075, 077, 078 or 079, voicemail (443) and mobile data.

Elsewhere in the EU/EEA with Roam Like At Home enabled your goodybag also includes calls and texts to any EU/EEA landline or mobile number (conditions apply)

Goodybags never include:

• Calls or texts to international numbers from the UK
  • Calls or texts to Non-UK numbers starting 01, 02 or 07 (e.g. Isle of Man or Channel Isles)
  • Calls or texts to UK numbers  starting 070 which are not mobile numbers
  • Calls or texts to numbers starting 084, 087, 09 or 118
  • Calls or texts to 5 digit short code numbers
  • MMS messages
  • Video calls to non-giffgaff numbers
  • Calls to 101 (Police non-emergency number)
  • Using your phone elsewhere in the EU/EEA if you do not qualify for 'Roam Like At Home'
  • Using your phone whilst outside the EU/EEA;

for which you need PAYG credit

This guide should help you understand how you will be charged for a call, text or mobile data wherever you are in the world. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 15.47.54.jpg

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 7 of 7
by: danhamman
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:39

sabrina_rao wrote:

Hi all,

I thought that each goody bag included the possibility to call non-UK numbers without being charged? 

I have just bought a new goody bag (10£) and it said I would have been able to make unlimited calls to international numbers.

My credit is £0 at the moment because I only use to pay the goodybag. I tried to call an Italian number and the voice said I don't have credit (but my goody bag is actually active and I can call UK numbers appearently - I am confused) -shall I top up to be able to call? But if I top up and I am able to call....that means I will be charged?

Thanks,

Sabrina

Sorry, goodybag is not for making international calls with

PAYG credit required

@sabrina_rao

.:.
Message 2 of 7
by: jfc1951
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:41

sabrina_rao wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Sabrina

You cannot call International Numbers from goodybag allowances @sabrina_rao 

Where did you read that  it  "said I would have been able to make unlimited calls to international numbers."?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 4 of 7
by: mangowalk
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:41
If you are in the UK and want to call/text International numbers ,......you'll require airtime credit top-up on your account to enable you to do this...................
TOP-UP AIRTIME CREDIT LINK https://giffgaff.com/top-up
Making international calls and texts? You'll need to top up your account so that you can stay connected. Making an international call and sending texts abroad from the UK isn't included in any goodybags.

Message 5 of 7
by: mcilwraith
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:42

i don`t know what made you think you can phone international numbers

unless you are mistaking it for EU roaming on goodybags.the thing with that is when in the UK you are not roaming

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: figment_uk
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:43

@sabrina_rao

You can only call non-UK EU/EEA numbers when you are roaming outside the UK.  You are not roaming in the UK.

In the UK, goodybags include calls and texts to UK landline numbers starting 01, 02 or 03, UK mobile numbers starting 071, 072, 073, 074, 075, 077, 078 or 079, voicemail (443) and mobile data.

Elsewhere in the EU/EEA with Roam Like At Home enabled your goodybag also includes calls and texts to any EU/EEA landline or mobile number (conditions apply)

Goodybags never include:

• Calls or texts to international numbers from the UK
  • Calls or texts to Non-UK numbers starting 01, 02 or 07 (e.g. Isle of Man or Channel Isles)
  • Calls or texts to UK numbers  starting 070 which are not mobile numbers
  • Calls or texts to numbers starting 084, 087, 09 or 118
  • Calls or texts to 5 digit short code numbers
  • MMS messages
  • Video calls to non-giffgaff numbers
  • Calls to 101 (Police non-emergency number)
  • Using your phone elsewhere in the EU/EEA if you do not qualify for 'Roam Like At Home'
  • Using your phone whilst outside the EU/EEA;

for which you need PAYG credit

This guide should help you understand how you will be charged for a call, text or mobile data wherever you are in the world. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 15.47.54.jpg

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 7 of 7