Knowledge Base
Community

Just Starting up

Started by: rooker01
On: 15/10/2010 | 11:50
Replies: 13

by: rayhoo
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:18 edited: 15/10/2010 | 13:19

When your sim has fully registered, you will find your number in My giffgaff. It's been quite quick today, re-boot your phone from time to time until you see your number.

You can't port your number until activation is completed.

Message 11 of 14
by: rjheald
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:20

@rooker01 wrote:

Hi yes i did my top up as part of the activation process. I have looked on my page and it doesnt say anything also on the payment history it says nothing? i am lost!

thanks

zoe

That means the payment didn't go through.  You will need to click the button labelled activate a sim in my giffgaff and run through it again.

If you still have problems it may be better to get a giffgaff or O2 top-up vouvher from the local shops and activate using that

For a free sim with £5 credit click here
To switch signatures off go to My Community Settings>Preferences and remove the tick from View signatures in posts.
Message 12 of 14
by: dik
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:23

Also may well be worth clearing cache/history/cookies and restart browser before trying again..dik

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
by: rayhoo
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:24

If your Payment History doesn't show any payment taken then see if this helps you:

1. Insert your giffgaff SIM into your handset.
2. Log in to your account
3. Click on this link when you've read the following: http://giffgaff.com/activate-sim
4. Enter your 6 digit Activation Code in CAPITALS. Ensure all letters and numbers are correctly entered as it is case sensitive (you'll find the Activation Code on the card that the sim was attached to).
5. Enter your top-up voucher number (a minimum of £10.00), or fill in your Bank details. You can also Activate with a £10.00 Goodybag. You can use a Giffgaff, or an O2 voucher.
(If you get a message saying "Voucher already used" then just try a little later as the system hasn't yet updated since you purchased your voucher).
You will now have successfully registered your new giffgaff SIM card.

It will take from within 2 hrs., up to 24 hrs. to activate the sim.
When the sim is fully active, you will find your number, and your balance in My Giffgaff.
If you register after 10.00pm, the activation process will not commence until the following day.
Note: Don't discard your 6 digit code until you have received you phone number as you may need it if activation was unsuccessful.

I hope this helps you. rahoo.

Message 14 of 14