Community

Just Starting up

Started by: rooker01
On: 15/10/2010 | 11:50
Replies: 13

by: rooker01
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:50

Hi

Can anyone help me please I have activated my sim and bought a goody bag, I have put the sim in my phone and it’s not working? Have i done everything right? I want to keep my old number too but when i click on keep my number it takes me to the activate your sim page, i put my code in again and it does nothing can anyone help please?? Is there a number i can ring to get help?

Thanks,

Regards

Zoe Rooker

Message 1 of 14
by: sonesor
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:53
It CAN take anything up to 24hrs for everything to become fully active. Its normally much shorter than that tho, normally only a couple of hours. Sometimes even in minutes

As long as you have fully activated your account (i.e. entered the activation code from the sim pack, and then done a top-up or bought a goodybag) then you have done everything you need to do, and now you just need to sit back and be patient until it all activates Smiley Happy

As for porting your number, wait till your sim is all up and running and then give it a try

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 2 of 14
by: lucid
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:54 edited: 15/10/2010 | 11:57

Firstly, 

Is your phone unlocked? (and if you're not sure, what network was your phone on previously?)

Also, how long ago did you activate your sim?

Message 3 of 14
by: rayhoo
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:57 edited: 15/10/2010 | 12:04

Hi,

You can't port your number until your sim becomes fully active.  Check to see if you have a phone number displayed in my giffgaff.  Did you top up with £10.00 during the activation process?

If you're not sure, then did you go through the registration process as shown below:

1. Insert your giffgaff SIM into your handset.
2. Log in to your account
3. Click on this link when you've read the following: http://giffgaff.com/activate-sim
4. Enter your 6 digit Activation Code in CAPITALS. Ensure all letters and numbers are correctly entered as it is case sensitive (you'll find the Activation Code on the card that the sim was attached to).
5. Enter your top-up voucher number (a minimum of £10.00), or fill in your Bank details. You can also Activate with a £10.00 Goodybag. You can use a Giffgaff, or an O2 voucher.
(If you get a message saying "Voucher already used" then just try a little later as the system hasn't yet updated since you purchased your voucher).
You will now
have successfully registered your new giffgaff SIM card.

It will take from within 2 hrs., up to 24 hrs. to activate the sim.
When the sim is fully active, you will find your number, and your balance in My Giffgaff.
If you register after 10.00pm, the activation process will not commence until the following day.
Note: Don't discard your 6 digit code until you have received you phone number as you may need it if activation was unsuccessful.

I hope this helps you. rahoo.

Message 4 of 14
by: dik
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:58

Hi, you should see activation in progress on your my giffgaff page if you were successful, you can also check payment history on that page..dik

Message 5 of 14
by: shutterbug
on: 15/10/2010 | 12:53

I've activated three giffgaff SIMs now - my own, and two at friends. My own activation took about 15 seconds  Smiley Wink, the second SIM about 2 minutes, and the third SIM about 90 minutes! I've no idea why it varies so much. It could be workload on the activation system, but wow, if giffgaff's system has got 90 minutes worth of backlog, they must be getting a lot of new members!

Perhaps someone from giffgaff could explain why the time varies so much?

Click Here to request a die-cut giffgaff NANO-SIM with £5 credit for your iPhone 5!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To request a precut iPhone 4 microSIM with £5 bonus credit fill out this order form
For a standard SIM with £5 bonus credit please click the banner below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 14
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:09

Hi  i have registered my sim but i cant call, text or go on internet is this normal? how do i find my number out and from that what do i do to transfer my old number please?

thanks,

zoe

Message 7 of 14
by: rayhoo
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:12

When your sim is fully activated, you'll find your number displayed in My giffgagg and the balance will show opposite on that page.

Message 8 of 14
by: rjheald
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:14

@rooker01 wrote:

Hi  i have registered my sim but i cant call, text or go on internet is this normal? how do i find my number out and from that what do i do to transfer my old number please?

thanks,

zoe

Did you top-up as part of the activation?

Does your my giffgaff page say activation in progress?

You will be able to access the port in form when your activation is complete, you can find all the info here

For a free sim with £5 credit click here
To switch signatures off go to My Community Settings>Preferences and remove the tick from View signatures in posts.
Message 9 of 14
on: 15/10/2010 | 13:18

Hi yes i did my top up as part of the activation process. I have looked on my page and it doesnt say anything also on the payment history it says nothing? i am lost!

thanks

zoe

Message 10 of 14