Community

Keeping Simcard active whilst abroad?

Started by: roxy_bronti
On: 04/02/2014 | 23:54
Replies: 6

by: roxy_bronti
on: 04/02/2014 | 23:54

Hello,
           Basically i have ordered a giffgaff sim as I have ended my phone contract because I am travelling to australia for 6 months.

My question is, if i acivate my sim now and then i dont use it for 6 months will it stay active? by active I mean when I get home I can topup and use the sim as normal with the same number etc.

Message 1 of 7
by: sloz
on: 04/02/2014 | 23:55
To keep your sim active you need to do one or more of the following things once in any 186 day period

Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number emergency calls (i.e. 999/112) and SMSes/calls to giffgaff services (i.e. 2020,43431,43430) do not apply)

Make at least one connection to the internet

Receive at least 4 calls of more than 10 seconds

Make a least one topup/purchase (credit or goodybag)

Receive Payback points (for recruiting new members or participating in the community)
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: roxy_bronti
on: 04/02/2014 | 23:58
Excellent thanks! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
by: star1000
on: 04/02/2014 | 23:59

To keep your SIM active, all you have to do is one or more of the following once every 6 months:

- Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (for technical reasons, emergency calls (i.e. 999/112) and SMSes/calls to giffgaff services (i.e. 2020, 43430) do not apply).
- Make at least one connection to the internet.
- Receive at least 4 calls of more than 10 seconds.
- Make a least one topup/purchase (credit or goodybag).
- Receive Payback points (for recruiting new members or participating in the community).

See here - http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Recycling-mobile-numbers-giffgaff/ba-p/8211666

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: ladyice
on: 05/02/2014 | 00:02

your sim will only be active for 6months without toping up so if you topup your sin jest be for the 6months end on the internet you shude be ok ?

Message 5 of 7
by: sauron
on: 05/02/2014 | 00:13

Sims only stay active for 6 months but the account will remain active after this but a new sim will need assingined and the number would be lost

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: mathew40
on: 05/02/2014 | 00:16
Hi there and thanks for visiting the community.

(Taken from the link below).

http://giffgaff.com/boiler-plate/terms

12.1 Your SIM card will be disconnected if your account has been completely inactive for a period of six months.

Your account will be considered ‘active’ if, during this period, there is any ONE of the following:

At least one call, SMS or MMS made to another number (For technical reasons, this does not include emergency calls (i.e. 999/112) and SMSs or calls to giffgaff services (i.e. 2020, 43430)) At least one connection to Internet, At least 4 received calls of more than 10 seconds, At least one top-up /purchase (credit or goodybag), The receipt of Payback points (for recruiting new members or participating to the Community). If your SIM Card is disconnected, you will lose any remaining credits/balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected, you will be given a new mobile phone number.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 7