Basically i have ordered a giffgaff sim as I have ended my phone contract because I am travelling to australia for 6 months.
My question is, if i acivate my sim now and then i dont use it for 6 months will it stay active? by active I mean when I get home I can topup and use the sim as normal with the same number etc.
To keep your SIM active, all you have to do is one or more of the following once every 6 months:
- Make a least one call, SMS or MMS to another number (for technical reasons, emergency calls (i.e. 999/112) and SMSes/calls to giffgaff services (i.e. 2020, 43430) do not apply).
- Make at least one connection to the internet.
- Receive at least 4 calls of more than 10 seconds.
- Make a least one topup/purchase (credit or goodybag).
- Receive Payback points (for recruiting new members or participating in the community).
See here - http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Recycling-mobile-numbers-giffgaff/ba-p/8211666