Community

Leaving giffgaff credit balance transfer

Started by: scorpy77
On: 15/01/2018 | 17:18
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: scorpy77
on: 15/01/2018 | 17:18

Hi, I am sadly leaving giffgaff for a better deal.  i have seen other forum posts that suggest the credit balance is non-refundable, but what if i wanted the balance transferred to another giffgaff number, for example, my wife's number?  i assume - although not being an IT expert - all that is required is amendent of a file on a computer system. 

Kind regards

Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: giffgaff20147
on: 15/01/2018 | 17:25

@scorpy77

Hello sorry you cannot transfer anything from one giffgaff account to another , 

like all networks any unused credit is is lost when you leave 

you could before leaving give to charity

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Give-to-charity-with-your-airtime-credit/ba-p/8905666

Message 5 of 9
by: timco
on: 15/01/2018 | 17:22

scorpy77 wrote:

Hi, I am sadly leaving giffgaff for a better deal.  i have seen other forum posts that suggest the credit balance is non-refundable, but what if i wanted the balance transferred to another giffgaff number, for example, my wife's number?  i assume - although not being an IT expert - all that is required is amendent of a file on a computer system. 

Kind regards

No sadly balances are not transferable between accounts and when you leave you will lose any credit.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: antonio75
on: 15/01/2018 | 17:24

Hi..... credit is non refundable or transferable between accounts.. sorry.

Message 3 of 9
by: endorphin
on: 15/01/2018 | 17:24

Hi @scorpy77 sorry but you cannot transfer credit to another giffgaff account. You could consider donating it to charity via text.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 4 of 9
by: giffgaff20147
on: 15/01/2018 | 17:25

@scorpy77

Hello sorry you cannot transfer anything from one giffgaff account to another , 

like all networks any unused credit is is lost when you leave 

you could before leaving give to charity

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Give-to-charity-with-your-airtime-credit/ba-p/8905666

Message 5 of 9
by: mglen1
on: 15/01/2018 | 19:40
Hey @scorpy77

Sorry, you cannot transfer credit from 1 to another giffgaff account and nor can it be refundable.
Message 6 of 9
by: bobcoulson
on: 15/01/2018 | 19:44

@scorpy77 Hi there, sorry to hear that you're leaving giffgaff for a better deal.  I understand.  Unfortunately, nothing is transferable between giffgaff accounts, therefore what you request is not possible.  That's right, unused credit is not refundable.

If you are not going to use your credit and rather than letting it go to waste you could donate it to charity? Various charities accept donations by text. For example, giffgaff have a just giving page in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital giffgaffGOSH. Of course you are free to donate to any charity of your choice. There's some charity donation ideas here for you, via this link.

All the best with your new mobile network.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
by: flower_power13
on: 15/01/2018 | 19:45

sorry you can not transfer it

you should use it before you leave

otherwise it will get wasted

Message 8 of 9
by: equino244
on: 15/01/2018 | 20:37

No, sadly you can't transfer credit or get it refunded so you'd be best to just use it up before you leave :-(

Message 9 of 9