Started by: martinc58
On: 06/08/2017 | 16:40
Replies: 16

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: thunderdragon
on: 06/08/2017 | 19:33 edited: 06/08/2017 | 19:38
Hey @martinc58! :-)
Remember that your GiffGaff SIM should work in any unlocked handset, or those locked to the O2 or Tesco networks...So if you have such a phone available, try popping it in there to see if that works, and you should still be able to access your GG services if you need to. :-)
(N.B: Because your old phone may still have been functional at the network level it may have received texts & e-mails after the screen was broken, so these'll be on that handset already and won't come through to the new one if they've already been delivered. Phone repair shops might be able to retrieve the data off of your old handset and dump to hardcopy or transfer to a new phone if this is needed. :-)

As for putting your son into another phone, I don't know if he'd be too happy about that! However your SIM should hopefully work in any O2/Tesco device, as advised above. :-D

Hope this has helped, and please don't forget to mark the post that was most useful to you as a Best Answer to help others in similar circumstances. :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 11 of 17
by: martinc58
on: 06/08/2017 | 20:53
Haha!Thanks!..im using my wife's phone so not used to her text!..yes i was thinking about going to phone repair shop!Think I'll get insurance though!Can't believe how unlucky I have been with phones lately! Smiley Sad ..never used to happen!!
Message 12 of 17
by: thunderdragon
on: 09/08/2017 | 00:09
It does happen, alas. I've managed to break a few through unfortunate mishaps (Even an HTC Desire HD, which is probably one of the toughest consumer smartphones there ever was!) and that's why my mobile life now revolves around an (ex Alstom) Samsung XCover tuffphone! :-)

That said, this is also why I don't take devices on contract. Instead I tend to buy up tech when it's cheap (Currys/PC World and Tesco have some cracking deals at times!) hold on to it for a little while to avoid temporary pricing drops (Because everyone else does the same thing of course) and then take it into CeX to exchange for a device from their inventory. :-)

Not only does this save me a few quid and give me full title over the device right from the start, but it's a wholly lawful and perfectly legitimate practice too! :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 13 of 17
by: odetteodile1
on: 14/02/2018 | 00:21

This is the worst experience ever! I can’t wait to leave giffgaff. I haven’t had any service for 2 days now!! Wtaf!!!

Message 14 of 17
by: odetteodile1
on: 14/02/2018 | 00:25
Rubbish!! This absolute pants and am gonna report giffgaff (idiots) to telecomms ombudsmen.

Totally horrible to do this to people. Bringing Talk Talk into it too.

Disgusting!?
Message 15 of 17
by: andy_sanders
on: 02/05/2018 | 04:49

Hi anyone,

How do I leave Giffgaff?

Thanks

Message 16 of 17
by: peterbrown1992
on: 02/05/2018 | 04:55

andy_sanders wrote:

Hi anyone,

How do I leave Giffgaff?

Thanks

You can request a PAC code by dialling 43431 from your mobile or you can request it online here http://giffgaff.com/help/pac-code-request 

Once requested the PAC code will be sent within 10 minutes via text message or you can view the PAC Code instantly on your dashboard here http://www.giffgaff.com/dashboard

Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days, please use up any remaining airtime credit, goodybag/gigabag allowances on your account as the allowances cannot be refunded.

Finally, please ensure you remove any saved credit/debit card details under your payment details page here https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

Message 17 of 17