Community

Little querie with Top up. =)

Started by: cgnlucas
On: 21/04/2011 | 07:56
Replies: 13

Go to best answer
by: cgnlucas
on: 21/04/2011 | 07:56

I was just wondering, when we recieve our sim, do we still recieve the £5 free credit, like it says when you get recommended by someone else? As well as, when we top up, can we still change our number, and will the credit from one number go to the other (using the PAC). =)

Thanks!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 14
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: fiendishlyclever
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:07
You will lose any credit or airtime on your old SIM (the one with the number you are porting over) because your account will be closed once you transfer your number.

Your giffgaff sim will continue with the same services (eg same voicemail messages, same goodybag) as you had before, apart from a brief period while the number actually moves over.

You only get the £5 if you clicked a referral link - however once you have it you will keep it as nothing account related changes when you a port a number over.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 14
by: alweb
on: 21/04/2011 | 07:59

you get £5 credit when you activate your sim and no you cant transfer credit over when you port your number

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: cgnlucas
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:02

so then how do you port your number without losing the £5 credit? =)

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 14
by: wilky
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:03
you won't lose any credit when u port over if that's what u mean that includes the free £5 but you can't transfer any credit from one number to another...

you only get the £5 credit once you fully activate your sim and if the sim was ordered via a referral link
Message 4 of 14
Highlighted
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:07
You will lose any credit or airtime on your old SIM (the one with the number you are porting over) because your account will be closed once you transfer your number.

Your giffgaff sim will continue with the same services (eg same voicemail messages, same goodybag) as you had before, apart from a brief period while the number actually moves over.

You only get the £5 if you clicked a referral link - however once you have it you will keep it as nothing account related changes when you a port a number over.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 14
by: alweb
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:09

you only get the £5 free credit when you activate your sim

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 14
by: thesaint
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:26

You don't lose any credit when you port over as your'e account is not closed

when this happens and you'd still get your'e £5.

You've been given wrong info and should change accept solution

because of this.

Salud,Les

Message 7 of 14
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:27

@thesaint wrote:

because of this.

Salud,Les

It is not incorrect.  Your OLD account is closed.  Your giffgaff account is unaffected.  That is what I said.  My solution IS correct.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 14
by: thesaint
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:42

@fiendishlyclever wrote:

@thesaint wrote:

because of this.

Salud,Les

It is not incorrect.  Your OLD account is closed.  Your giffgaff account is unaffected.  That is what I said.  My solution IS correct.

Well.The post will now think any credie/goodybag they have in their account will be lost when they port over.

It's not about the accept solution,i'm not  bothered about that.wilky answered correctly.We'll leave it at that.Nothing personal.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
on: 21/04/2011 | 08:46
It's funny how people think a forum of giffgaffers nit picking and arguing over accept as solution doesn't put people off. It doesn't look good to people coming for advice. Funny how all the people who do harp on about it are the ones with huge post counts and presumably tier 1 paybacks to protect.

I don't think my answer was incorrect or misleading to anyone with functional English. Perhaps what the OP was after was a more detailed post.

I despair of these forums sometimes..... Smiley Sad
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 14