Knowledge Base
Community

Losing Phone Number.

Started by: paulaclark
On: 08/01/2019 | 19:40
Replies: 1

by: paulaclark
on: 08/01/2019 | 19:40

Hiya Guys.... could do with a bit of help asap. Ive just had an email today from Giff Gaff telling me they will be transferring my number as my phone hadn't been used in months. Coming upto six to be far, Mt phone was taken by the police to help with an crime as thet needed ohone messages from it. Its taken ages and now Giff Gaff are telling me if I top it up, it MAY stop me losing my number that I originally moved from O2.... I'm not in a position to use my phone as the police still have it. Surly they cant do that when it wasn't a Giff Gaff number to start with. I nees the number as I've used it for seven year plus. It connected to every account I have, my Drs, my Bank and as you all know. We use our Mobil number for everything.....

Please help advice me how to keep my number. Giff Gaff cant garentee I will save it by getting a top up as the online support only said it may help me save it. Ffs, i cant get my phone yet as its evidence.

Cheers People :-) 

Message 1 of 2
by: ellebae
on: 08/01/2019 | 19:46 edited: 08/01/2019 | 19:48

Hi if you have your giffgaff account on line on a computer can you top it up there so you will be able to keep your number even if you top it up with a goodybag of £5 until you get your phone back

can you go to the police and ask can you top your phone up as you don't want to lose your number.. they can only say no but you could try 
Hope this helps you

Please remember to select "Best Answer" and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos!
Message 2 of 2