Knowledge Base
Community

Losing money

Started by: akdn
On: 07/01/2019 | 19:21
Replies: 4

by: akdn
on: 07/01/2019 | 19:21

Why is it that when on a goodie bag with plenty of minutes texts and data money seems to be missing from our balance this is the second time in so many weeks i dont use my phone much and its only friends and family that i phone yet i keep losing money.

Message 1 of 5
by: timwilliams25
on: 07/01/2019 | 19:38

@akdn

Goodybags allow for calls and texts to standard UK landline (01, 02 or 03) and mobiles.  Any calls or texts to Non UK number would be charged, as would any premium rates calls.

Standard SMS texts are free but MMS (multi media texts) are charged at 16p per message (some older phones convert emoji into MMS - check yours).

Goodybags are for UK use mainly although can be used for short periods of time in the EU.

Other areas that could be taking your money is if you have been unknowlingly enrolled onto a premium rate text number service - these would take anything from £3 or more from your credit each time.

Hope this helps?

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 2 of 5
by: akdn
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:42
Thanks for that i'll check my phone on the mms i only ever call my house or friends
Message 3 of 5
by: sheppola
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:57

@akdn

@akdn wrote:

Thanks for that i'll check my phone on the mms i only ever call my house or friends

What phone do you have?

If forum posts help please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
by: eddiehk6
on: 07/01/2019 | 20:58
hi @akdn

Some activities such as MMS, international calls and premium numbers are not included in your goodybag allowances, and are charged separately from your ‘credit’.

You can check your usage statement to see how your credit has been spent: https://giffgaff.com/profile/usage-statement

(Note that it lags up to 56 hours behind, so yesterday’s and today’s usage may not show yet)

Look at the right hand side under ‘Balance usage’ for a breakdown over the past month. What are the individual charges for each category?

If you feel you've been incorrectly charged, ask an agent: https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Top-up-balances-and-goodybags/goodybag-allowances-or-credit-ba...

Please remember to select a ___| Best Answer +★|___and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos! Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5