Knowledge Base
Community

Loss of earnings when network was down

Started by: ballantyne23
On: 08/12/2018 | 14:57
Replies: 6

by: ballantyne23
on: 08/12/2018 | 14:57
Hi I was unable to work on Thursday as the network was down as I am an uber driver so lost a full days earnings as I rely on the mobile data Am I entitled to any reimbursement? Thanks
Message 1 of 7
by: sweetheart62
on: 08/12/2018 | 15:02
Reimbursement for loss of earnings I would doubt
Message 2 of 7
by: nigelbrooks
on: 08/12/2018 | 15:02

@ballantyne23

None at all.

Undocumented losses will never be reimbursed (basically, what you never had, you never lost).

In addition, giffgaff's T&C's specifically exclude business use.

Sorry.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 3 of 7
by: isabel1066
on: 08/12/2018 | 15:06
no loss of earnings you would get from giffgaff and it wasn't them who caused the problem it was a company called Ericson.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: natty88
on: 08/12/2018 | 15:11

' @ballantyne23 here is the  giffgaff official announcement about the Outage and refunds please read 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/December-6th-s-outage-what-we-re-doing-to-say-sorry/...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 7
by: mrsgrowler
on: 08/12/2018 | 15:44

@ballantyne23 wrote:

Hi I was unable to work on Thursday as the network was down as I am an uber driver so lost a full days earnings as I rely on the mobile data Am I entitled to any reimbursement? Thanks

Given that giffgaff don’t guarantee service and are not liable for consequential loss if service is not available @ballantyne23 then based on what you say giffhaff is not for you.

If having a service that's guaranteed and so responsible for compensating you if it is unavailable, is important to you then you need to consider moving to another (non-O2) provider on contract and keeping your giffgaff sim as a back up in case your other provider suffer problems.

It works well as a back up as you don’t have to buy a bundle every month - just as and when.

And as long as you keep the sim active by doing at least one of the following at least once every 6 months - make one call, send one text, access the internet for a couple of minutes or add some new money (either credit or a goodybag) - it isn’t that expensive to keep going for years.

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 7 of 7