Community

Lost ability to make calls/texts + internet down

Started by: mad1maxx
On: 08/04/2011 | 18:52
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: mad1maxx
on: 08/04/2011 | 18:52 edited: 08/04/2011 | 18:55

Everything was working fine yesterday, and today, my internet says no connection, my texts come back with Sending Error and phone calls just beep and go straight to "Call Ended". I'm using a San Francisco.

Is there anything I could have done accidently to cause this?

Also, what is the voicemail number for Giffgaff?

EDIT: The signal indicator says I have full signal, and the internet indicator says it's connected at "G", can't remember which one that is Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: timst
on: 08/04/2011 | 18:57
You have got credit? Tim

Need a sim order one here and get £5 free credit
j.mp/freeggsim
or j.mp/freemicrosim

Message 4 of 9
by: andreww
on: 08/04/2011 | 18:55 edited: 08/04/2011 | 18:59

443 for voicemail. There have been a lot of internet problems these last few days so the data element could be connected to that. However, that won't explain the calls ending. Try taking out the SIM and re-seating it, might be a bad connection between your SIM and handset

EDIT: ah so you have a signal, therefore do you have credit?

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 2 of 9
by: rayhoo
on: 08/04/2011 | 18:55

@mad1maxx wrote:

Everything was working fine yesterday, and today, my internet says no connection, my texts come back with Sending Error and phone calls just beep and go straight to "Call Ended". I'm using a San Francisco.

Is there anything I could have done accidently to cause this?

Also, what is the voicemail number for Giffgaff?

Have you any signal at all?   Check here too  http://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
by: timst
on: 08/04/2011 | 18:57
You have got credit? Tim

Need a sim order one here and get £5 free credit
j.mp/freeggsim
or j.mp/freemicrosim

Message 4 of 9
by: mad1maxx
on: 08/04/2011 | 19:01

Urg this is what happens when you switch from Orange PAYG for the first time in 6 years, completely forgot it'd been a month already Smiley Tongue

Thanks, and sorry for the stupid question...Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
by: jon247365
on: 08/04/2011 | 19:04

Have you been cosuming alcohol and fogot lol

Message 6 of 9
by: jon247365
on: 08/04/2011 | 19:06

have you modified your phone, have you got a custom rom? Access to clockwork?

Message 7 of 9
by: lewispt16
on: 08/04/2011 | 19:32
I just recieved my free sim card today in the post, and have activated it, but it wont connect to the internet, i have entered about five different apn's but none have worked, i have tried using the o2 apn but that doent work either. I dont know how to make the internet work. I cant even call 43430, which is free, meaning i dont have any calls or txts either. Can you please help me.
Message 8 of 9
by: andreww
on: 08/04/2011 | 19:56

@lewispt16 wrote:
I just recieved my free sim card today in the post, and have activated it, but it wont connect to the internet, i have entered about five different apn's but none have worked, i have tried using the o2 apn but that doent work either. I dont know how to make the internet work. I cant even call 43430, which is free, meaning i dont have any calls or txts either. Can you please help me.

Hi lewispt16,

Welcome to giffgaff

Always start a new query on a new help thread. Asking on a solved one means it might not get seen.

Sounds like your SIM hasn't activated yet. It can take up to 24 hours (Although this is quite rare)

Post again in the morning (open a new thread) and tell us if you;re still experiencing problems

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 9 of 9