Message 1 of 6
by: sheppola
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:39

@aliyeucoz4 

@aliyeucoz4wrote:

My data doesn’t work in europe how can I fix that

What country are you in?

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 2 of 6
by: aliyeucoz4
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:42
It didn’t work when I was in dublin and amsterdam and I’m going to italy soon so I want to fix it. I do receive a message saying that its exactly the same as when in the UK like calls messages but the mobile data doesn’t work.
Message 3 of 6
by: sheppola
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:43

@aliyeucoz4 

@aliyeucoz4wrote:

It didn’t work when I was in dublin and amsterdam and I’m going to italy soon so I want to fix it. I do receive a message saying that its exactly the same as when in the UK like calls messages but the mobile data doesn’t work.

Have a read here,

https://cx500.000webhostapp.com/GiffGaff/GiffGaffEuRoaming.html

Two common GoodyBag stoppers in the EU are being on 4g/LTE or using the default O2 Network settings.

HTH Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
by: hezp
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:31
I suggest you do a Manual Reset, it often works & is worth a try. This info. will help you.
***MANUAL RESET:***
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Tips-Guides/Manual-Roam/m-p/3345471#M32502
This is a helpful link when having trouble connecting to the internet at home or abroad:
---------
If you can't get on the internet try this out on your phone: it's only the 'Generic settings', but worth a try.
1. Go to settings
2. Then go to mobile networks
3. Select a network other than O2(gg) i.e EE or Vodaphone
4. Come out of settings and it should say no network coverage or something similar
5. Repeat the process this time choose O2(gg) and this will update your number to the message centre and should help your texts
The message centre number in your message settings should be +447802002606
Message 6 of 6