Knowledge Base
Community

My Giffgaff sim stopped working, how can I get GIffgaff to help?

Started by: tomski
On: 20/01/2012 | 09:58
Replies: 21

Go to best answer
by: tomski
on: 20/01/2012 | 09:58
Yesterday my GIffgaff SIM stopped working. My mobile showed as still being connected to the Giffgaff network, but I could neither make nor receive calls or texts (despite the fact that I had credit). When someone called me they got through to voicemail.
This morning it was still not working, but the SIM card didn't connect to any network, and when someone phoned me they didn't get through to voicemail either.
Then at around 9am it suddenly started working and I received the texts that had been sent, and was able to receive a phone call.
Now it has stopped working again, the SIM isn't connecting on my mobile, I cannot make or receive texts or calls, but when someone calls my number they get through to voicemail.
I am pretty sure it is not my mobile phone, because the SIM card doesn't work in another mobile, and another SIM card does work in my mobile.
There is no problem with GIffgaff reception here: my partner also uses GIffgaff and is having no problems.
I sent a message on my GIffgaff online account yesterday, and another one this morning, but haven't got any reply. This is pretty urgent for me to get this number working, is there any way to get any help from GIffgaff on this?
I can't find any. 
Message 1 of 22
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: heisenberg_blue
on: 23/02/2015 | 09:21

@johneym1@  wrote:
I'm having the same problem. And not having a agent to talk to LIVE don't help much. Iv tried everything but it will only still don't work now and then. Even though8th got got full bars and a3g signal...and not everyone can afford or don't know anyone else ongiffgaff

Have you tried a SIM Swap yet?

Order more SIMs of the correct size here.

Have you checked for service issue in your area? Service Checker - Mobile

Get a heisenberg_blue glass sim with £5 free credit
Message 19 of 22
by: mickf
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:01

If you are getting a good signal http://status.o2.co.uk/

it may be the sim get a new one here https://giffgaff.com/support/lost and keep your name and credit.

Message 2 of 22
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:02
Check here for replies http://bit.ly/giffgaffreplies if you need a new sim if faulty you will have to order it off gg to keep yiur account etc .
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 3 of 22
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:06
Thanks
The o2 link is saying that a phone mast isn't working in the area (but I am in the middle of London). But my partner gets a good signal here now on GIffgaff. Kind of weird that the SIM should suddenly stop working for no reason at all, and then it was working again for no reason this morning for half an hour. And that it was showing a good signal yesterday, but didn't actually work, but now shows no signal at all, and still doesn;t work. Plus the fact that the voicemail stopped working too for a while. How do I get a PAC from GIffgaff, I need to get this number working again as soon as possible and GIffgaff seem to have no support whatsoever
Message 4 of 22
by: solid247
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:07
Try reseating the sim n give it a clean on a cloth it sumtimes helps n is worth trying 1st
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 5 of 22
by: solid247
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:08
Also Try your parteners sim in your phone and your sim in hers see if its sim or phone problem
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 22
by: georgetown_82
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:09
can you try it in the other phone...it should not stop just like that
Message 7 of 22
by: giffgaff_sims
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:11
Contact an agent about ordering a replacement sim and you will get a new sim with the same number

Click the yellow star under somebodys name if they helped!

Click the banner below to get a Giffgaff Sim with £5 credit!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 22
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:15

I dont think I want another Giffgaff sim, it's just not OK for me to be in this situation without any support from the mobile company. 

I have found the PAC request page - unfortunately it will send an SMS to my phone, which I will not see.

GIffgaff is OK if nothing goes wrong, if anything goes wrong it is useless.

Message 9 of 22
by: ww
on: 20/01/2012 | 10:22

@tomski wrote:

I dont think I want another Giffgaff sim, it's just not OK for me to be in this situation without any support from the mobile company. 

I have found the PAC request page - unfortunately it will send an SMS to my phone, which I will not see.

GIffgaff is OK if nothing goes wrong, if anything goes wrong it is useless.

It will also display the PAC in your MYGIFFGAFF page next to the number when it has been issued.

Please give Kudos to those that helped and accept the solution if given-it helps other users find the solution to their problems.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
I use iPhone 4S, iPad2, Motorola V3 (Original Flip)
Message 10 of 22