Knowledge Base
Community

My Samsung S7 edge has died! Just one month from being two years old. Help!

Started by: garrod
On: 21/04/2018 | 10:10
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: garrod
on: 21/04/2018 | 10:10

Hello!

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge via GiffGaff nearly two years ago (two years old in May). It's in mint condition (and never been dropped etc.) but it died on me a couple of hours or so ago.

I've been online to try and solve the problem but to no avail. Oh, I am tech savvy but there is no way I'm going to even try to open that baby!

It's insured but I'd rather not pay the excess. Can anyone advise me on what to do next please?

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: michaelgriffin1973
on: 21/04/2018 | 10:37

Hi @garrod 

If you need to send your phone back for a repair, please log in and go to My giffgaff. Click on view in My order history and select the phone which needs being repaired.

Click on the Return Phone button and select the most appropriate issue to describe your phone's problem.

This will display a list of troubleshooting questions which are used to confirm your phone's issue and categorise it. Please select the most appropriate diagnostic and follow the on-screen instructions to identify if your phone needs to be be repaired.

If your issue requires a repair then you will be able to book this repair there, and you will receive the instructions on how to return your phone.

Once your booking is confirmed, you can track the status of your repair in My orders

Make sure to follow all the instructions and to send your phone in a protective package. Please use the label provided to send your phone free of charge.

Don't forget to remove your PIN or lock code and any other kind of protection so the phone fixers can turn ON your phone and confirm the issue.

Please also make sure that all your data are backed up as your device will be flashed to the latest software version.

For more detailed instructions on the returns process then please look at:

Message 4 of 7
by: nigelbrooks
on: 21/04/2018 | 10:33 edited: 21/04/2018 | 10:34

@garrod

Worry not.

If purchased new, all Samsung phones have a full 24 month warranty.

You can either return it to giffgaff for repair or take it to any Samsung store where they fix most warranty reapirs while you wait.

To find yournearest Samsung Store call 0330 726 7864 (0330 SAMSUNG)

To return it to giffgaff:  How to send a phone for repair

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 3 of 7
by: michaelgriffin1973
on: 21/04/2018 | 10:37

Hi @garrod 

If you need to send your phone back for a repair, please log in and go to My giffgaff. Click on view in My order history and select the phone which needs being repaired.

Click on the Return Phone button and select the most appropriate issue to describe your phone's problem.

This will display a list of troubleshooting questions which are used to confirm your phone's issue and categorise it. Please select the most appropriate diagnostic and follow the on-screen instructions to identify if your phone needs to be be repaired.

If your issue requires a repair then you will be able to book this repair there, and you will receive the instructions on how to return your phone.

Once your booking is confirmed, you can track the status of your repair in My orders

Make sure to follow all the instructions and to send your phone in a protective package. Please use the label provided to send your phone free of charge.

Don't forget to remove your PIN or lock code and any other kind of protection so the phone fixers can turn ON your phone and confirm the issue.

Please also make sure that all your data are backed up as your device will be flashed to the latest software version.

For more detailed instructions on the returns process then please look at:

Message 4 of 7
on: 21/04/2018 | 10:44
Thanks for all the advice people. It seems that my phone is dead - just a constant blue LED on the front; no response from the buttons. SD and SIM card out and out for repair methinks. Sad face.
Message 5 of 7
by: nigelbrooks
on: 21/04/2018 | 11:20

@garrod

Persoannly I would contact Samsung.  I have used them twice and found them to be really good.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
on: 21/04/2018 | 11:51
Alas, I have no other phone to use and internet contact is too slow! GiffGaff are sorting it out for me though; they've sent me an email with postage instructions that I've already printed out.
Message 7 of 7