Community

My iPhone has problems receiving calls and text

Started by: alan4grant
On: 15/03/2019 | 18:25
Replies: 13

Go to best answer
by: alan4grant
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:25

My iPhone seems to only be ringable or textable from other giffgaff phones  My old number transferred successfully (?) yesterday. 

Message 1 of 14
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: smiler121786
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:27

@alan4grantwrote:

My iPhone seems to only be ringable or textable from other giffgaff phones  My old number transferred successfully (?) yesterday. 

Try turning your phone off/on again to see if that helps. If still no joy then it sounds like your number transfer has not completed correctly and will require an agent to look into this. 

The giffgaff agent will try to get back to you as soon as possible. You should get a reply within a maximum of 24 hours.

Agent replies can be found on your "From agents " section located on your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access it directly using this https://giffgaff.com/support/questions link.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: smiler121786

@alan4grantwrote:

Try turning your phone off/on again to see if that helps. If still no joy then it sounds like your number transfer has not completed correctly and will require an agent to look into this. 

The giffgaff agent will try to get back to you as soon as possible. You should get a reply within a maximum of 24 hours.

Agent replies can be found on your "From agents " section located on your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access it directly using this https://giffgaff.com/support/questions link.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: natty88

@alan4grant  try switching of and on your I messages wait til fully loads when completes do same with your face time settings when all completes restart phone to sync your number and SIM with your I tunes account this is often needed with unlocked I phones when using different network sim cards or changing numbers over 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
by: hezp
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:34
There is a common iPhone problem when iPhones change networks. This info. will help.
***iPhone NUMBER PROBLEM:***
Do you have the Apple iPhone? If so, this is a very common issue with iPhones when you change your mobile number and/or mobile phone carrier the Apple iMessage message service isn't updated with the newly transferred number.
Please follow the steps below to fix this issue.
GO TO;
Settings > FaceTime > FaceTime /Off
Settings > Messages > iMessage /Off
NOW EDIT your iPhone to your new (i.e. transferred to giffgaff) number Settings > Phone > My Number
RESTART your phone
ONCE IT HAS RESTARTED then please turn FaceTime and iMessage back on by following the steps below:
Settings >FaceTime >FaceTime / On
Settings >Messages >iMessage / On
Settings >FaceTime >FaceTime / On
Settings >Messages >iMessage / On
Message 4 of 14
on: 16/03/2019 | 11:15
Thank you for helping, but this did not work for me. In my case it seems only other GiffGaff phones can contact me by voice or text. e.g. Apple ID cannot text or voice call me to change to my PAC transferred number. Or indeed a land line.
Message 5 of 14
by: endorphin
on: 16/03/2019 | 11:25

Hi @alan4grant if turning your phone off and back on doesn't work then you should contact the agents for help by submitting this form https://giffgaff.com/auth/login?redirect=https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Number-transfers/Part...

Agents reply within 4 hours in the majority of cases but can take up to 24 hours, in the worst case, to reply (but they do work 7 days a week from 8am to 11pm). You will see when an agent has replied in the "Messages: From Agents" box which is half way down the right hand side of your "My Giffgaff" page or go here https://giffgaff.com/support/questions

Good Luck!

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 6 of 14
on: 16/03/2019 | 12:44
Thank you, just done that, and they are active on it.
Message 7 of 14
by: sloz
on: 16/03/2019 | 13:02
@alan4grant
Hi, which network have you transferred from?

What does the person hear exactly when they call your number ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 14
on: 16/03/2019 | 15:09
Thanks for the interest.  My number was transferred from 'plusnet', and shortly before that from 'the peoples operator' (now in receivership).  When I ring from my landline, I get the message 'The service cannot be connected'.
Message 9 of 14
by: sloz
on: 16/03/2019 | 15:50 edited: 16/03/2019 | 15:52

@alan4grant
There's been a lot of incomplete transfers when porting from plusnet

The agent will (or should) I form you that the problem has been escalated to the technical team and take up to 5 days to fix
(although it's often resolved in 2 or 3)

Incidentally, when you say you were on the people's network before plusnet

Were you able to receive calls and texts when using plusnet? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 14