On: 15/03/2019 | 19:38
Replies: 5

by: elsha
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:38

**phone_number_removed**

Message 1 of 6
by: hezp
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:39
I suggest you ask an agent asap, who can access your account, & will advise you.
ASK AN AGENT: https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/
The easiest thing is to ask an agent & you will get a private answer within 24 hours - usually 3-5 hours. If there are any problems or stop on your phone, they will be able to unlock it & give advice on what to do. You will get the answer online in your account > My Messages on your Homepage/Dashboard.
Message 2 of 6
by: tazzy19
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:40

@elsha 

Have you received a text from 443 saying your number is being transferred ? If so

This is a scam text designed to get your details for fraudulent use
It may appear to be from giffgaff, however the link takes you to a cloned/fake giffgaff log-in page

If you've entered any details follow the steps below

@report_phishing

Message 3 of 6
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 15/03/2019 | 20:07
Evening @elsha

Sorry to hear what has happened. Please do follow the advice provided by @tazzy19 on changing your password as soon as possible.

I have sent you a private message asking some further questions which can be found here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

If you can respond to the message as soon as possible that would be brilliant.

Cheers
Guy

giffgaff Educator

Message 4 of 6
by: elsha
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:34
Hi tazzy,
Thank you for you help with this.

My number says it is not registered on the network, do you know what i can do?

Elsha
Message 5 of 6
by: demonix00
on: 15/03/2019 | 21:19
Does your number still appear on your account?
Did you get any messages either by email or SMS (not related to the situation that has been described already) relating to a SIM swap?

If it's the first, then it might be that your SIM card might have failed and would require a replacement (which would require a SIM swap) or it could be a issue in the local mast (or it could be a glitch that just requires a reboot of your phone), but if it's the second and you did get a message (not from the number that has already been mentioned or via email) regarding a SIM swap then it's likely that your account has been compromised and you should take this up with an agent as well as changing the password on your account to prevent any further attempts to gain access of your phone number and account.
Message 6 of 6