Knowledge Base
Community

Need to return faulty phone but can't get past diagnostic process!

Started by: sebpatrick
On: 15/09/2016 | 15:19
Replies: 1

by: sebpatrick
on: 15/09/2016 | 15:19

I have an LG G3 bought from Giffgaff which is still within its warranty. A while back it developed a fault, whereby it intermittently doesn't read the SIM card properly - causing the phone to reboot. It's definitely a problem with the phone and not the SIM, as it has been tried with multiple SIMs, all of which work fine in other phones.

This is a known fault with this model of phone, and I've read plenty of reports online of people arranging repairs/returns and having it successfully fixed. I'd like to get Giffgaff to do the same.

The problem is, in order to arrange a return, you have to go through their diagnostic process. And every single step relating to SIM cards in the diagnostics process simply results in saying "Your SIM card is not activated. Your problem is now resolved." This is categorically not the case! The phone is broken, but without getting past this diagnostic section there is no option to arrange for it to be sent back.

How on earth do I arrange a return of this faulty product that Giffgaff have provided? The only way I can think of is to lie about what the problem is, but I can't see that working because then the problem won't be seen as that when the phone arrives.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
by: joviman
on: 15/09/2016 | 16:00

You can logout and back in and try the diagnostics again. Otherwise, you can ask an agent at the link: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/returns

Give me kudos if you love my answer and select best answer if you're the original poster, thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 2