Community

Network Blocked

Started by: galaticmunchkin
On: 15/10/2018 | 15:24
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: galaticmunchkin
on: 15/10/2018 | 15:24

Hello, I believe my phone at first had an O2 sim and now I have a Giffgaff one, I want to change my provider but when I put the new SIM in it says the network is blocked and to put in the PUK number. Ive put the PUK number of both Giffgaff and my new provider but none seems to be working. Anyone know anything that could help? I need this sim asap.

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: madscouser69
on: 15/10/2018 | 15:26
It maybe that your phone is locked to O2, giffgaff sims will work on an unlocked phone and also ones locked to the o2 network, you will need to contact o2 if this is the case to see if they can unlock it for you @galaticmunchkin
gg_256_zpsdigisawd.gif
Message 3 of 5
by: figment_uk
on: 15/10/2018 | 15:26 edited: 15/10/2018 | 15:30

@galaticmunchkin

If it's asking for a Network SIM Unlock PUK then your phone is locked to a network, and the PUK you require needs to be obtained from that network.    

If the phone has been used with both an O2 and giffgaff SIM, then it is locked to O2.   

giffgaff cannot unlock it as they are not the network that locked it. O2 will not unlock it unless you become an O2 customer again (temporarily) and are likely to want £15 to do it. 

Depending on the make/model of the phone, a high street mobile repair shop may be able to unlock it for less. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
by: madscouser69
on: 15/10/2018 | 15:26
It maybe that your phone is locked to O2, giffgaff sims will work on an unlocked phone and also ones locked to the o2 network, you will need to contact o2 if this is the case to see if they can unlock it for you @galaticmunchkin
gg_256_zpsdigisawd.gif
Message 3 of 5
by: mangowalk
on: 15/10/2018 | 15:29
HI there
O2 should provide you with a PAC code in that case because the phone is still locked to them..
then you can do the transfer to gg
FOR FULL GUIDE CLICK HERE https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Joining-giffgaff/3-Keep-your-Number/ta-p/9981317#section3
Message 4 of 5
by: galaticmunchkin
on: 15/10/2018 | 15:29
thank you, I didn't know that Giffgaff sims work in phones locked to O2 that makes a lot of sense now!
Message 5 of 5