Knowledge Base
Community

Network still not working right

Started by: lindsayjroberts1
On: 07/12/2018 | 14:54
Replies: 3

by: lindsayjroberts1
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:54

I am utterly disappointed at giffgaff response to the network going down yesterday, I didn't find out until 6 hrs later what had happened and that was because my step daughter informed me, why tweet the information when no one could actually access the Internet. I look after my elderly parents who are not ill, and it caused them and myself stress as they couldn't get hold of me. Also I've messaged giffgaff after trying to get online for the past four hrs today, as the service is still not fully working today  As I'm still not getting messages straight away it's telling me my messages haven't sent I'm using my house Internet to get online which is causing me to spend more money which I haven't got, so are we going to get compensation 

Message 1 of 4
by: 4128334
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:40
@lindsayjroberts1
Good Afternoon,
The following is the latest update from giffgaff regarding the outrsge:-
Most Recent Update
08:47- 7th December 2018
Morning everyone,
Our technical teams have worked throughout the night to bring back the data service. 2G, 3G and 4G services should be back to normal for everyone. If you are still having issues with mobile data, please firstly turn your device OFF and then back ON. If you are still experiencing no connectivity while trying to access the Internet after that, please let us know the area that you are in.
We are still looking into the text messages service. Members are experiencing issues while sending SMSs where it looks like the text has not been sent but the recipient might receive that text multiple times. The technical teams are aware of this issue and are working on getting this solved as soon as possible.
We are very sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused and will make sure to keep you updated with any new information.
Thank you so much for your patience,
Roxy
. With regards to compensation this is the latest Post:-
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/December-6th-s-outage-what-we-re-doing-to-say-sorry
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 4
by: skidleyboo
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:57
I appreciate faults happen occasionally however when you say its fixed then make sure it is. Your link above doesn't work, the apology email you sent only came through as a title 'we're sorry ' . The links don't work and my mobile still has issues. Seriously thinking of joining Smartly mobile. Not because of the fault but due to the shambles of a fix. 😡
Message 3 of 4
by: clikasarus
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:59
@lindsayjroberts1 Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community

Here you will find the latest update from giffgaff regarding the problems on data

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/2G-3G-and-4G-services-impacted-across-the-UK-6-Dec...

I hope thi helps
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4