Knowledge Base
Community

New £20 goodybag

Started by: moonlight2712
On: 07/01/2019 | 02:02
Replies: 4

by: moonlight2712
on: 07/01/2019 | 02:02

I have topped up £20 air time. I am attempting to get a goodybag and it isn't allowing me to purchase one. It says there is a technical fault and now some of my airtime has been taken which means I am unable to get the £20 goodybag. Is there anything that can be done as I am highly disappointed

Message 1 of 5
by: ellie9365
on: 07/01/2019 | 03:49
Sometimes it can take up too a few hours to renew a goody bag! As for your credit, always turn your data While topping up and buying a goody bag!
Message 2 of 5
by: random112
on: 07/01/2019 | 04:45

@moonlight2712

If your phone used some data in the background it will of course charge you (EG your phone constantly checks for email, Facebook, WhatsApp, weather etc).

If you know your phone was off and couldn't have done it then you can query it with an agent and they will confirm you were charged correctly, or if its just a couple of pence sometimes just refund it out of kindness. You will have to wait 24 hours for them to do this and of course not use your phone during this time or you will be charged again! 

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Top-up-balances-and-goodybags/goodybag-allowances-or-credit-ba...

Most users leave a small amount of credit on their accounts for reasons such as this, plus for all the things not covered by a goodybag. Make sure you follow giffgaff advice and queue future Goodybags early so you don't experience loss of service the day your bag ends. 

In future if you have to use a voucher make sure your phone data is off.

There is never any reason for you to topup and then buy a goodybag. Why not just buy the goodybag first time? You can even do 8t by phone on 43430. 

Message 3 of 5
by: random112
on: 07/01/2019 | 04:57

@moonlight2712

If your phone used some data in the background it will of course charge you (EG your phone constantly checks for email, Facebook, WhatsApp, weather etc).

If you know your phone was off and couldn't have done it then you can query it with an agent and they will confirm you were charged correctly, or if its just a couple of pence sometimes just refund it out of kindness. You will have to wait 24 hours for them to do this and of course not use your phone during this time or you will be charged again! 

https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/Top-up-balances-and-goodybags/goodybag-allowances-or-credit-ba...

Most users leave a small amount of credit on their accounts for reasons such as this, plus for all the things not covered by a goodybag. Make sure you follow giffgaff advice and queue future Goodybags early so you don't experience loss of service the day your bag ends. 

In future if you have to use a voucher make sure your phone data is off.

There is never any reason for you to topup and then buy a goodybag. Why not just buy the goodybag first time? You can even do 8t by phone on 43430. 

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 07/01/2019 | 06:18
Sometimes agents refund a few pence credit.
Message 5 of 5