Knowledge Base
Community

New App won't let me enter password!

Started by: keithjillings
On: 12/01/2014 | 01:06
Replies: 8

by: keithjillings
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:06
It must be my fault, but with the new iOS7 version of the Giffgaff app on my iPad, I can enter the username OK, but when I try to move to the password field, it refuses.

I can log on with no problems using the browser, so it's not the end of the world, but the new app looks good on my phone, and I'd like to try it on the iPad.
Message 1 of 9
by: bullittinbfd
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:17

Hi Keith.

Have you checked that you have the correct settings installed on your phone?

Check this link for the latest:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/settings-for-your-device/ios-7-internet-and-mms-set-up/ta-p/9911035

Regards Steve.

Sorry, no longer posting sim cards.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: cmarshall028
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:17
There isn't a ipad giffgaff app so that may be why. There is only the iphone app that can be used on the ipad but not very well.

I'd recommend you use the safari app to open the giffgaff website. Due to the site of the ipad screen it works a lot better than the app.
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Check out my idea here for more ethical voting in the ideas section. Please remember to click kudos if you would like to see this idea implemented!

Message 3 of 9
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:20
Sorry I stand corrected it looks like they have now customised it to use with ipad.

If you could delete and reinstall the app it would most likely work
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Check out my idea here for more ethical voting in the ideas section. Please remember to click kudos if you would like to see this idea implemented!

Message 4 of 9
by: m_morley
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:23

I thought that the app was for the iphone and not the ipad

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:24
Have just checked on the App Store and it says that it now supports ipad. Looks like a very recent update, surprised no one has announced it
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 9
by: windoze9t8
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:25

The App works well on the iPad and is optimised for it now. (like mentioned a few posts back) as the app works well for me, I can only suggest deleting and reloading the app

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
by: riiceball
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:33
Try reinstalling the app.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
by: bertiebat
on: 12/01/2014 | 01:40

Certainly worth deleting and reinstalling as I've not seen anyone else complain about this problem.

If you still have the same issue then I suggest posting on the blog which has been posted by the app's designer and he will look into it.

See here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/New-year-new-iOS-app/ba-p/11386505#comments 

Hopefully it will be sorted out one way or another. Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 9