Knowledge Base
Community

New account old account

Started by: itskaybee_pd
On: 01/12/2013 | 11:05
Replies: 7

by: itskaybee_pd
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:05
Hi this is my old account I snapped the sim due to unwanted numbers.. I have another account that a relative handed me the sim card for. He remembers his username but not the email or password I've messaged an agent regarding this but no reply.. I have valuable credit that I want in a goodybag, can anyone help? Its been roughly 24hours since I contacted the agent aswell
Message 1 of 8
by: adscan
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:06
Why are you using an account that is not yours. ?
Should contact an agent about a number change.
Message 2 of 8
by: usmanozzy786
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:06
Contact agent again they should be able to help you on this since its account related
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: figment_uk
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:08 edited: 01/12/2013 | 11:10

@itskaybee_pd wrote:
Hi this is my old account I snapped the sim due to unwanted numbers.. I have another account that a relative handed me the sim card for. He remembers his username but not the email or password I've messaged an agent regarding this but no reply.. I have valuable credit that I want in a goodybag, can anyone help? Its been roughly 24hours since I contacted the agent aswell

First off, you could have had your number changed instead of destroying the SIM. Click on the spoiler for details if you would still like to do this - you will also need a new SIM to do a SIM swap

Click to reveal

If you have an active giffgaff number, and you want to change it for a new (random) giffgaff number:

(this will replace your current giffgaff number on your existing account with a new number. All credit etc will be preserved)

• Contact an agent,  using this form: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/call_barring
  • Select incoming calls from the list of call types to bar
  • Click Yes to 'Do you wish to have your number changed?'
  • In 'Any Further Info', say that you understand a £10 top-up is required to activate the new number.  Do not top-up until instructed to do so. (This top-up will be added to your airtime balance.)
  • When your new number is ready, you will be given instructions on what to do next. Follow the instructions to add the £10 top-up and activate the number change.
  • Wait while the new number activates and you're good to go.

To use SIM swap to transfer your number, credit and goodybag etc to a new SIM:

You need a spare SIM that has never been activated. If you don't already have one, head to your spread giffgaff page. Be sure to select the correct size for your device.

• Go to the activation page;

Capture.JPG
  • Enter the 6 digit activation code from the new SIM;
  • Click Continue. The SIM Replacement page will load;

SIM Swap
  • Check and confirm the details of the current and new SIMs are correct - especially if you have more than one giffgaff account in the family, otherwise you could end up swapping the wrong SIM!;
  • Click Yes, I want to replace my SIM;
  • Click Yes, I'm sure;
  • Wait while the transfer processes (approx 30 minutes)

Then, for the new account with forgotten credentials, the original account holder needs t odo the following:

Start by getting a reminder of the username - text "USERNAME" to 43430 (replies take about 15 mins)

To reset the password if you have access to the email address registered on the account, go here https://giffgaff.com/support/lost-password

To reset the password if you do not have access to the email address registered on the account, set up a new (temporary) community account (do not register a SIM) and contact an agent from the new  account, using this form (don't worry that it's the wrong category, the agents will still see it)

• Select '30' from the drop-down list
  • In 'Any Further Information', provide all of the security information listed below which must relate to the original account:
    • Membername
    • Full (real) name
    • Address incl. postcode
    • Mobile Number
    • SIM Serial Number
    • Phone IMEI Number (dial *#06# to find it)
    • Method normally used to top-up (and if by card, the last 2 digits of the card number)
    • Two numbers that are called/texted frequently
  • Also in 'Any Further Info' say that the email address on the account is not accessible, and ask for a password reset link to be sent to: [email address that they can access]
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 8
by: itskaybee_pd
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:14
Both accounts are mine so shut up. I wanted to get rid of old number I got a new one but no password or email as its been forgotten
Message 5 of 8
by: bigdaveuk
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:17
does this person no your trying to get into his account? why wouldt he ask the question?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
by: addykiller123
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:18
is the accounts ur account?
Message 7 of 8