Community

* No Community Forum Emails *

Started by: lmort57
On: 13/08/2019 | 23:12
Replies: 35

by: lmort57
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:12 edited: 13/08/2019 | 23:17

Hey All,

Is anybody else working within the Community Forums not getting their emails advising them of answers when marked as BA's, Comments on Subscribed Posts, PM's or when someone Tags them in Posts within the Forums? 

Mine seem to have stopped coming through over the last 36 hours or so, I have raised it with GG Educators whom suggested a few things which we tried but I still am not getting the emails, GG Educators next suggestion was to raise it here within the Forums with other Members to see if anyone else has the same issue?

We have been through all the settings within my Profile (even though I never changed anything in the first place) but if anyone has any further idea's it would be appreciated but more importantly is anyone else experiencing this issue too?

Many thanks in advance Smiley Happy

If my Answer has helped you please Kudos and please Mark as Best Answer to help others!
Message 1 of 36
by: bobrobinson
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:20

@lmort57wrote:

Hey All,

Is anybody else working within the Community Forums not getting their emails advising them of answers when marked as BA's, Comments on Subscribed Posts, PM's or when someone Tags them in Posts within the Forums? 

Mine seem to have stopped coming through over the last 36 hours or so, I have raised it with GG Educators whom suggested a few things which we tried but I still am not getting the emails, GG Educators next suggestion was to raise it here within the Forums with other Members to see if anyone else has the same issue?

Hiya @lmort57 

I get it sometimes  so i switch to airplane mode then turn it off again and they come through.

If your using a hotspot turning aiplane mode turns the hot spot off  so you will have to turn it back on again.  All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 36
by: jfc1951
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:20

Hi @lmort57  , no problem here.

I've had emails for all the appropriate events today, most recently at 19:12.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Message 3 of 36
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:23

@bobrobinsonwrote:

@lmort57wrote:

Hey All,

Hiya @lmort57 

I get it sometimes  so i switch to airplane mode then turn it off again and they come through.

If your using a hotspot turning aiplane mode turns the hot spot off  so you will have to turn it back on again.  All the best Bob

Hey @bobrobinson I'm using my Laptop and getting my other emails at the same account no probem, I even had an email from Giffgaff earlier regards a SIM I had ordered for someone, but I'm just not getting any Community type emails what-so-ever!  Thanks anyways Smiley Happy

If my Answer has helped you please Kudos and please Mark as Best Answer to help others!
Message 4 of 36
by: mcilwraith
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:23

not noticed @lmort57  apart from them being a little slow in arriving

seeing them on my desktop first when its normally the other way round

Message 5 of 36
by: muddycalhoun
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:29
@imort57 Hi, no I haven't noticed this problem, I have been receiving BA and PM emails this evening and no problems (other than the usual kudo repeats) in the past weeks
Message 6 of 36
by: webzilla
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:37

This is @lmort57 testing via another account I have @webzilla to see if I can figure out myself what is happening here and whether this account which delivers emails to same email account/address experiences the same problem so that I can try and figure out where the problem is!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 36
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:39

@bobrobinsonwrote:

@lmort57 

Try your community settings and see if there ok.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

All the best Bob

Thanks again @bobrobinson been there and done that and after GG Edu's advice, but I had not even been in there and changed anything in the first place, but we did try disabling the email notifications and then turning them on again but again I still continue to get no Community related emails... Cheers for the pointers also though Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 36
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:40

@webzillawrote:

This is @lmort57 testing via another account I have @webzilla to see if I can figure out myself what is happening here and whether this account which delivers emails to same email account/address experiences the same problem so that I can try and figure out where the problem is!  Smiley Very Happy

So this is @lmort57 replying back to my other account @webzilla to see if that account gets the email Notifications also??? Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 36