Knowledge Base
Community

No Service on iphone - help

Started by: foonle
On: 16/02/2011 | 10:12
Replies: 12

by: foonle
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:12

I have an iPhone 3GS and have been using gg for a couple of months now. Today my phone says 'no service'. I've tried turning the phone off and on but it still says no service. I've tried cleaning the sim but still no service. I've tried using a differnt gg sim but still no service. When I go to Settings>Carriers on my phone I get a list which includes {O2, Orange, Vodafone, t-mobile, 3} but when I choose O2 I get the error 'Network Lost: Your selected Network is no longer available". I've always had a good signal from this location and don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
by: sonesor
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:13
Choose automatic

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 2 of 13
by: canary1
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:14 edited: 16/02/2011 | 10:15

Probably worth checking o2 Network service in your area, there may be a maintenance issue.

Message 3 of 13
by: ballbern
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:14
Try switching it in and out of airplane mode a few times.
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:28

I checked on the O2 website: http://status.o2.co.uk for my postcode and it says: "Our network is currently working fine: We've been working on phone masts in your area in the past 24 hours. Sorry if you couldn't use your phone."

So it should be fixed but I'm still having a problem, as a giffgaff customer am I able to contact O2 about their service?

Message 5 of 13
by: azzy223
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:32
Nope O2 won't speak to you without an O2 account. It could be worth contacting an agent. This happened in my area before. O2 did work on masts. Said the same thing all ok on website the bit saying work carried out in the last 24 hours but it turned out they were doing work over 3 days and that it's a generic update that comes up the day after the first day of work.

If this makes sense it means they could still be doing work on the masts in your area.
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

 iPhone Expert
Message 6 of 13
by: ballbern
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:33
Have you switched it in and out of airplane mode? It sounds simple but it works almost every time for me when I'm having signal problems with iPhone. You can contact a giffgaff agent. Go to "my giffgaff" and there's a link on the right hand side bellow your balance to contact an agent.
Message 7 of 13
on: 16/02/2011 | 10:37

Yup - tried Airplane Mode several times - still no service. Tried Settings > Carrier = Automatic - still no service. It could be an O2 service issue I suppose, that's all I can think of at the moment, I'll try contacting an agent to see if they can contact O2 on my behalf.

Message 8 of 13
by: frazerclark
on: 16/02/2011 | 11:09

I would suggest putting the phone into, and bringing it back out of airplane mode, used to fix any issues I used to have on my iPhone 3g.

If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 13
by: giffgafful
on: 16/02/2011 | 11:31

Since your phone must be unlocked, try it with a non-GG SIM if you can. Does that work ok? If not, things are pointing to an issue with your phone.

Message 10 of 13