No call center number? what is average waiting time for agents response

Started by: niel377
On: 15/03/2019 | 15:31
Replies: 19

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: niel377
on: 15/03/2019 | 15:31

How do i buy a goodybag if my credit gets deducted imediately after purchase ?

is this legal?

not having imediate help for minor but critical issues?

is there a emergency number?

anyone please help

Message 1 of 20
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sloz
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:30

@niel377wrote:

All of the above

i did make it clear

you can call it observation i see it more as an actual  reality 

(Risk assesment is meant to identify and have a fix for situations like this

what happens when customers money gets deducted imediately after purchase

and they have no other means of getting online?

an emergency)

@niel377

Its still possible to access all giffgaff pages (and Http://paypal.com)

To top up and buy a goodybag with no data or credit,

All your observations are valid and its been raised numerous times,

Giffgaff have decided on this business model and gone down the route of no ustomer service number for going on for 10 years and have no plans to change,

Yes its not for everyone, and you've rightly highlighted your present difficulty

Perhaps in a few months of using giffgaff and taken on board the "prevention" advice

You'll take a slightly different view 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 20
by: nicola4473
on: 15/03/2019 | 15:33

You should buy a goodbag not credit . This can be done via debit card which i find is the easiest option . If you add credit then automtically your data will instantly start to eat it . 

Message 2 of 20
by: smiler121786
on: 15/03/2019 | 15:33

@niel377wrote:

How do i buy a goodybag if my credit gets deducted imediately after purchase ?

is this legal?

not having imediate help for minor but critical issues?

is there a emergency number?

anyone please help

It's always worth disabling mobile data before topping up your phone. The reason for this is because as soon as you top up the any apps running in the background or that deal with notifications can start using the mobile data.

The giffgaff agent and they will be able to process you a refund required to buy a goodybag from airtime credit. 

The giffgaff agent will try to get back to you as soon as possible. You should get a reply within a maximum of 24 hours.

Agent replies can be found on your "From agents " section located on your "My Giffgaff" page or you can access it directly using this https://giffgaff.com/support/questions link.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 20
by: figment_uk
on: 15/03/2019 | 15:38

@niel377 

There is no need to add credit before buying a goodybag.

If paying by debit/credit card or paypal, buy the goodybag online : https://giffgaff.com/buy/goodybag

If paying by giffgaff topup voucher, dial 43430. Select option 2. Choose the goodybag then the option to pay using a voucher.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 20
on: 15/03/2019 | 15:52

(It's always worth disabling mobile data before topping up your phone.) very common issue

proned to mistakes. gifgaf risk assesments for situations like this what was the solution for this? is there not a system to fix this automatically compute time and freeze credit or even a disclimer ITS ENDLESS..

(You should get a reply within a maximum of 24 hours)

in a time when your mobile devices is

literally your livelihood your provider does not have any emergeny support.

is it a cost thing like profit margins? 

am finding it really difficutl to make any sense of it

makes no sense

Message 5 of 20
by: endorphin
on: 15/03/2019 | 16:23

@niel377 wrote:

(It's always worth disabling mobile data before topping up your phone.) very common issue

proned to mistakes. gifgaf risk assesments for situations like this what was the solution for this? is there not a system to fix this automatically compute time and freeze credit or even a disclimer

To avoid having to temporarily disable mobile data just buy a goodybag directly (rather than topping up and then converting the topup to a goodybag).

(You should get a reply within a maximum of 24 hours)

in a time when your mobile devices is

24 hours is the longest it can take and usually you can get a reply within 4 hours. Note that several problems can be handled in this forum which takes minutes.

is it a cost thing like profit margins? 

Yes, not having to pay for a call centre makes the business cheaper to run. Note that giffgaff continually wins awards for its customer services.

PS I do not work for giffgaff.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 6 of 20
on: 15/03/2019 | 16:59

To avoid having to temporarily disable mobile data just buy a goodybag directly (rather than topping up and then converting the topup to a goodybag)

you can not buy a £25 goodybag because the voucher is split in 2 or is there a £25 voucher ? i was told max was £20 voucher.

(24 hours is the longest it can take and usually you can get a reply within 4 hours. Note that several problems can be handled in this forum which takes minutes)

waiting is normal its a reality of life but in cases of emergencies its counter productive and can be fatal

what about the 1% problems the makes the world of diffrence and can only be resolved by giffgaff ?

is forum meant to be a waiting que if so does this take away from situations like emergencies?

(Yes, not having to pay for a call centre makes the business cheaper to run. Note that giffgaff continually wins awards for its customer services)

Awards does the forum help contribute to this if so why not use the forum to flag emergencies?

I dont mind waiting BUT i do in the cases of emergencies.

i am just disapointed there seems to be nothing in cases of emergencies

the concept of forum is limited help/responsibilty as in its not the main dedicated support

not even a LIVE CHAT? cost saving or smart saving?

Forcing active user database through forum are there alternatives for help?

A service not dependable in cases of emergencies is a deal breaker for my situation

i do wish even with all the incentives giving to forum helpers that someone would have a better answer beyond the generic prevention pointers 

still waiting Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 20
on: 15/03/2019 | 17:05
@niel377
Hi, To complete the 1 step process, you need to buy a £25 o2 voucher instead of £15 and £10 giffgaff vouchers

(From your phone) 
Call 43430 and press option 2 
(not option 1) 
Choose your goodybag and select to pay with a voucher 
Input the voucher code to complete 

(logged in with a browser) 
From your my giffgaff page 
Http://giffgaff.com/dashboard
Click the yellow buy goodybag button 
(if you already have a live goodybag and want to queue, click here 
Http://giffgaff.com/buy )

Click the goodybag section and select a goodybag. 

On the ways to pay, there's an option to use a voucher 
Click that 
Input your voucher code and click the yellow continue button 

additional points when using a browser, you need to  remove your debit card details or add your PayPal details and click to use that as your default payment, otherwise the use voucher option won't appear

(via the my giffgaff app) 
DON'T click the buy goodybag button from the main account page 
Click the menu button (top /left) 
Click "ways to buy"
You'll then be presented with the same pages as though you were using a browser, and the pay by voucher option will be visible

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 20
on: 15/03/2019 | 17:12

Another prevention answer ok thanks but do you have a solution to fix the 1 penny that stopped me from buying the goodybag.  i need a solution not a prevention but thank you

Message 9 of 20
on: 15/03/2019 | 17:32 edited: 15/03/2019 | 17:33

@niel377
There is no "solution"
For Your initial question in your first post
"How to buy a goodybag if my credit gets deducted immediately after purchases"

There is no immediate solution as you don't have enough credit to buy the goodybag you want,

You've been advised to contact an agent, who will refund your lost credit
(they usually add 30 to 50p)

You can wait for a refund, buy its not certain if the refund will be applied before the agent stops working at 11pm

If that's too inconvenient,
Add another £10 so you're able to buy a goodybag,
Then once the agent eventually refunds, you only need to add a further £15 to add to your £10 balance to buy your next goodybag

Incidentally, have you just activated your sim or have you purchased goodybags ? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 20