Knowledge Base
Community

No credit in goodybag

Started by: hanna71227
On: 13/08/2019 | 21:44
Replies: 3

by: hanna71227
on: 13/08/2019 | 21:44

I get a regular goodybag with unlimited mins but just tried to make calls and it said no credit????

Message 1 of 4
by: jt_21
on: 13/08/2019 | 21:48

@hanna71227wrote:

I get a regular goodybag with unlimited mins but just tried to make calls and it said no credit????

Try restarting your phone and try to call again, does the call require airtime credit money? please note

Not all calls are included in goodybag minutes allowances, so check here for a list
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Inclusive-and-non-inclusive-calls...

If a call required airtime credit, you can sometimes search for an alternative number that will use your goodybag minutes instead , I use giffgaff screet.

Tap any number here
http://giffgaff.screet.co.uk/number/
And press SEARCH, it will tell you if the call is covered by goodybag minutes, an alternate number that will use goodybag minutes or the cost per minute for the call, for those 08xx numbers that are not free search here
https://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php for a cheaper alternative,

You will need to have/add airtime credit, for anything not covered... hope this helps 🙂

Message 2 of 4
by: lmort57
on: 13/08/2019 | 23:20

@hanna71227wrote:

Hi there @hanna71227 ,

Thank you for contacting the GiffGaff Community.  Hopefully the following information will help to assist you further.

Not all Calls are included with Giffgaff Goodybags!  However, any calls made to 0800, 0808 numbers are free on GiffGaff whether you have a Goodybag or Airtime Credit Balance.

But any calls to premium rate 070, 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers and international numbers are not included in your goodybag bundles and require airtime credit.

Goodybag bundles include only UK landlines starting 01, 02 and 03 and UK mobiles starting 071 to 075 and 077 to 079

Landline and mobile numbers in Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man are NOT included (these are outside of the UK)

Complete pricing can be found here https://giffgaff.com/pricing

UK prices

GiffGaff pay as you go rates

Mobile data5p per MB
Calls to other UK mobiles, landlines and calls forwarding15p per minute
Texts to other UK mobiles and landlines5p per text
Voicemail (443)8p per call
Calls to freephone numbers starting 0800, 0808Free
Calls, texts and call forwarding to giffgaff numbersFree*

Included as part of your goodybag

Calls to other UK mobiles, landlines and calls forwardingYes
Texts to other UK mobiles and landlinesYes
Voicemail (443)Yes
Mobile dataYes
Calls to freephone numbers starting 0800, 0808Free
Calls, texts and call forwarding to giffgaff numbersFree*

Those little extras

Picture messages (MMS) to giffgaff and other mobiles (max 300KB)16p per MMS
Video calls to other mobiles50p per minute
Numbers starting 084, 087, 09, 118
The call cost will be our Access Charge plus the Service Charge of the company being called. More info
25p per minute + Service Charge
Non-mobile 07 numbers, for detailed listing click here20p per minute
20p per text
Sending premium texts. More info10p to £1.50 per text
Receiving premium texts (price set by service provider). More infoUp to £10 per text
Calls to personal numbers starting 07050p per minute
Calls to mobile shortcodes (as advised by service provider).Free to £5 per minute

This bit's important...

Service Numbers:
The cost of calling numbers starting 084, 087, 09 or 118 is made up of two parts: an 'Access Charge' and a 'Service Charge'. The Access Charge is set by giffgaff and is 25p per minute(with a minimum 1 minute charge). The Service Charge is set by the company you are calling. These two parts are combined to give the total call cost. More info

If my Answer has helped you please Kudos and please Mark as Best Answer to help others!
Message 3 of 4
by: jaymailsays
on: 14/08/2019 | 05:49

@hanna71227 

@hanna71227wrote:

That indicates the number you are calling is not a standard UK number, if in the UK?

Numbers like 070 or 0845 or 0870 are charged from credit.

What are the first five digits of the number?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4