Knowledge Base
Community

No data allowance!

Started by: jhowie
On: 23/07/2013 | 22:48
Replies: 7

by: jhowie
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:48
I keep getting an error telling me I have no data allowance despite having a live goody bag valid until 6th August and my next goody bag purchased several days ago!! I recently used my iPad abroad however was only able to access internet via wifi!! Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 8
by: troglodyte
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:49

Hi, put these settings in here http://bit.ly/kbggipad

Free sims are MICRO/standard and also now Nano too. you choose which one you need.

Troglodyte.jpg
Message 2 of 8
by: mykiel78
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:53
I wonder if you've been mistakenly barred for tethering since you used the sim in an iPad on a goodybag abroad?

Check your inbox including junk to see if you got any email from giffgaff.

May not be the case but do check.
Message 3 of 8
by: alant
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:55 edited: 23/07/2013 | 22:57

@jhowie wrote:
I keep getting an error telling me I have no data allowance despite having a live goody bag valid until 6th August and my next goody bag purchased several days ago!! I recently used my iPad abroad however was only able to access internet via wifi!! Can anyone help?

Do you have a £10 goodybag currently live and have you used all of the data allowance?  It could be that the new goodybag is queuing ready to take over when the current one expires.

If you have no data allowance left, you will need PAYG credit in order to carry on until the goodybag expires. What does it say here https://giffgaff.com/dashboard ?

Edit: or you couldbe using a gigabag given that you have an iPad?  Same thing applies though, if the data allowance has run out. Giga/goodybags are UK use only, so don't work when roaming abroad.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
by: random112
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:58
Have you used it all up? A goodybag lasts for a month and if you have bought another one - it wont start working until the first one has expired (i.e. a month, not when you have used it all up).

If you go to My giffgaff and the boxes on the right hand side confirm that you have xMb left of data on your current active bag, then it sounds like your phone has lost its settings. This does happen from time to time. Sometimes rebooting helps. If it doesnt then try http://bit.ly/kbggipad and enter the settings again.
Message 5 of 8
by: alant
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:58

@mykiel78 wrote:
I wonder if you've been mistakenly barred for tethering since you used the sim in an iPad on a goodybag abroad?

Check your inbox including junk to see if you got any email from giffgaff.

May not be the case but do check.

Unlikely since the goody/gigabags don't work abroad.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
by: leemg3
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:59
U need to put the settings in for it to work
Get a free giffgaff Sim

DUDE ORDER ONE!
Message 7 of 8
by: mykiel78
on: 23/07/2013 | 23:03
@alant- very right, very right mate. Thanks for pointing that out.
Message 8 of 8