On: 17/02/2019 | 12:14
Replies: 12

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: sheppola
on: 17/02/2019 | 14:43 edited: 18/02/2019 | 12:32

@johnmos1996

@johnmos1996 wrote:

It's definitely the giffgaff sim I have checked it twice. The giffgaff is shown in the list, check the 7th message for more details

I'd get another blank Sim and do a Sim-Swap.This has happened before when people come back from the EU.I suspect the Sim-card was weak or poor Quality Control.

I'm too impatient to wait for a free Sim so..

buy one for less than a pound at B&M/Poundshop/Tesco/Argos/Iceland and even my Corner shop sells them now and do a,"Sim Swap".Do NOT activate the New Sim e.g put any money on it is as a Blank unused Sim is needed for a Sim swap and the Sim-Swap process will activate the new Sim.

A lot of these shops are open Sundays until 4pm and 8pm weekdays.

GiffGaffSim.jpg

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084

and here's an easy to follow video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1QoXIl6xEM

you can only do a SIM swap between 4.30am and 9.30pm and it can be like when you first join GiffGaff e.g shut the phone down for a few mins and or keep restarting the phone over a few hours after the Sim Swap.

This will transfer your number and allowances across.

HTH Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 11 of 13
by: johnmos1996
on: 18/02/2019 | 12:28

I would like to thank everyone! Something was wrong with the sim. I have performed a sim swap and I hope for the best 

Message 12 of 13
by: sheppola
on: 19/02/2019 | 08:34

@johnmos1996

@johnmos1996 wrote:

I would like to thank everyone! Something was wrong with the Sim. I have performed a Sim swap and I hope for the best 

I keep a blank unused GiffGaff Sim-Pack behind my clock on the Mantelpiece and take it with me when I travel ;-)

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 13 of 13