Community

No service since 11am Monday

Started by: philipwoolford
On: 15/03/2019 | 20:07
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: philipwoolford
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:07

Still no service on Friday evening & having been told it's down to a mast issue, I'm now in an area where service checker is saying service is good & no mast issues. I'm hoping it's not my phone (I've tried a manual roam!). Any ideas guys?

Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: wreedie
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:29

@philipwoolfordwrote:

O2 uk, Vodafone, we & a couple of others, I've tried both manual & automatic

@philipwoolford  Try the suggestions from other members posting in this thread. If that does not work out, try doing a SIM swap. If you do the SIM swap and the issue does not get resolved, that would imply that the fault is with the handset rather than the SIM or the giffgaff service. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 11
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:09

@philipwoolfordwrote:

Still no service on Friday evening & having been told it's down to a mast issue, I'm now in an area where service checker is saying service is good & no mast issues. I'm hoping it's not my phone (I've tried a manual roam!). Any ideas guys?

@philipwoolford  What networks do you see when you do the manual roam? Have you tried setting the phone to automatic network selection and then restarting it?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
by: nigelbrooks
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:10

@philipwoolford 

Does your phone work in other areas? (That would rule out a phone issue).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 3 of 11
by: sheppola
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:13

@philipwoolford 

@philipwoolfordwrote:

What phone do you have?

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 4 of 11
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:14
No I'm now on a completely different city & still no signal. Wasn't sure if a simswap would solve it?
Message 5 of 11
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:16
Message 6 of 11
by: sheppola
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:19

@philipwoolford 

@philipwoolfordwrote:

Samsung j6

Try resetting the Network Settings as per this video.It's for the 7 but should be same or close,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbavwy5rQ5I&t=1s

and then shut the phone down for a minute and then restart it.

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 8 of 11
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:29

@philipwoolfordwrote:

@philipwoolford  Try the suggestions from other members posting in this thread. If that does not work out, try doing a SIM swap. If you do the SIM swap and the issue does not get resolved, that would imply that the fault is with the handset rather than the SIM or the giffgaff service. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 11
by: drew9999
on: 15/03/2019 | 20:31
hi buddy same here check 02 coverage as giff gaff use there masts.
it looks bad on coverage all red uk map lool
Message 10 of 11